Chapter 31

"Victoria, you're back!" Valerie comes rushing over and pulls me into a tight hug. When she lets go of me her smile is brighter than I've ever seen before. "I'm so sorry Valerie! If it's too late I totally understand but..." She holds up her hand, stopping me. "Darling, Charlie called me yesterday and told me everything."

She walks over to the bar. Handing me a stack of papers she says "Here's everything. The club is yours." My smile is so bright I think it might stick to my face forever. Charlie really took care of everything. "Come on." Valerie grabs my arm and pulls us over to the couch. "Tell me what happened." I tilt my head. "I thought Charlie told you." She nods slightly. "Yes, yes he did but not in detail. I think he thought it's up to you what you wanna tell and what not."

Even after I hurt him so badly he did all of this. He missed work to come and save me and while he was at it he even made sure I return to my dream AND have a say in who knows what. I can't believe I got so damn lucky. He's always been there for me, no matter what. "I should have told him right away."

I don't realize I said it out loud at first but then Valerie says "You probably had your reasons." She's always so understanding. "Yeah... but my reasons were stupid. I can't believe I let him get into my head again." Now that everything is over I realize that. I didn't see it.

I thought I was doing the right thing because I was so sure Max could pull his little stunt off. But now I realize I was so stupid once again. I fell right back into who I was when I was with him. Thinking he has this crazy power of me and everyone around me. His plan was insane and I knew it but I still believed there was a possibility of it working. Without Charlie I'd be stuck back with him over nothing but my own stupidity.

Since Ben is coming over for dinner tonight I think it would be nice if I made something special. I texted Charlie earlier to see what Ben likes and he right away replied Butter Chicken. Considering the fact, that Ben is Charlie's manager, they know each other so well, more like they are family. Charlie trusts him and I know, even though I didn't like Ben at first he only has Charlie's best interest at heart.

Walking back from the club I swing by the grocery store to gather the ingredients for tonight's dinner. Looking around I can't believe I'm still here. For the first time in days I walk around the streets without being worried that Max or Evelyn will be around the next corner. All of this thanks to Charlie.

"Surprise." When I open the door to the apartment Charlie is sitting on the couch. "What are you doing here?" He wasn't supposed to be back for another almost two hours. He gets up from the couch and comes walking over to me. "I got off work early" he says while sweeping me into a hug, placing a kiss on my lips. I smile up at him.

"I could get used to this." He tilts his head. "You know... coming back here, you already there, greeting me like this." A smirk builds on his lips. "Greeting you like what?" I get on my tiptoes and brush my lips against his. "Like this" I whisper. His smirk grows even wider. "Oh... you mean like..." He leans down and kisses me once again. "... this" he says, his voice a little raspy. I feel like my whole body is covered in goosebumps. I could definitely get used to this.

"Have you been practicing?" I raise an eyebrow at Charlie who, so far, did surprisingly well helping with dinner. I think I can see his cheeks blush a little. Rubbing his neck with his hand he says "Maybe I watched a tutorial earlier." My eyes widen. "No way."

Who is this guy? He almost seems a little insecure. "I wanted to impress you." He doesn't look at me. I repeat: who is this guy? I walk the few steps towards him and wrap my arms around his neck. Now he's looking straight into my eyes. A big smile on my face I say "I love you." I wanted to say something else but it just came out. Because it's true.

I love him so much. All the little things about him, like how he rubs his neck when he's unsure about something - which drives me crazy because it looks so hot - or how his voice sounds in the morning. This guy, standing right here infront of me, is the first guy I've ever loved and I'm sure he will be the last.

"Don't you dare watch a tutorial again though" I say, laughing a little. Charlie looks confused so I add "It's much more fun if you're butchering the ingredients." For a moment he doesn't say anything but then it hits him and his eyes widen. "Victoria Porter!" He tries to tickle me but I'm quicker and make a sprint away from him.

I know there's no use but it's just so much fun. He's always faster than me and, admittedly, I wouldn't want it any other way. It takes him only seconds to catch me and pin me against the wall. I'm out of breath, not because of the few seconds sprint but because of the way he looks at me. For a moment we just stare at each other but then he seems to remember that he had a mission.

I squirm with laughter. "Mercy! Please have mercy!" I try to say through my laughter. Charlie stops, just for a seconds and waits but I wasn't quick enough to get it so he returns to tickling me. Then he stops once again and this time I kiss him.