Chapter 49

"Bienvenue à Paris, mon amour." I turn to Charlie, a huge smile forming on my face. "Omg, I completely forgot you speak French!" - "Courante" he replies and I have zero clue what he just said. He must see the confused look on my face because he starts laughing. Wrapping an arm around my shoulder he says "Don't worry, I'll stick to English." I wish I could speak another language than English and German.

So many people speak English, it's nothing special anymore. Of course that's what makes it so handy since you can communicate almost everywhere but I think languages that are not spoken by nearly everyone have a lot of charm. Yes, I speak German but let's be real, German really isn't a language you need to be able to speak.

"You really need to teach me some French." He laughs out loud. "Yeah, because that went so well last time." I think back to when he tried to teach me. I have to admit, I was really impatient. It's just, I've learned English so early on, I can hardly remember a time where I wasn't able to speak it. I can't remember learning it though. It feels like one day it was suddenly just there, which was obviously not what happened but that's why I get so frustrated about not being able to pick up a new language as easily.

"I'll be more patient this time." Yet another laugh leaves Charlie's lips. "Vic... you're a lot of things, but you're certainly not patient." Playfully I poke my elbow into his side. "Hey! I'm just being honest." I stare him straight into the eyes. Trying to keep a serious face I say "Sometimes it's better to be quiet instead of honest." Once I can see the corners of Charlie's mouth curl into a smile I can't keep it together anymore and burst into laughter.

Charlie wraps his second arm around me, pulling me closer to him. Placing a kiss on my forehead he says "I love you, even with your impatience." I shake my head slightly, the smile still on my face. "You're unbelievable" I mumble against his chest.

If our hotel in London was cute than this hotel is amazing! We chose the Pullmann, right at the Eiffel Tower. It's just as beautiful as I thought it would be. Since we got an early flight from London we still have the whole afternoon. For some reason we are both struggling with out jet lag a lot today though, so we just grab a crepe and sit down in the park at the Eiffel Tower.

It's a lovely day. The sun is out but it's not too hot. I'm sitting crosslegged, facing the Eiffel Tower. Once Charlie has finished his crepe he lays down, placing his head in my lap, his eyes closed. I love it when he does things like this because it gives me the chance to look at him without having to hear a teasing comment about me staring at him. I don't even know why I do it. It feels like I still can't fully believe that I got this lucky.

"Vic... are you staring at me again?" Omg! Is he serious? Can he actually read minds? I lean down and kiss him before I say "Of course not." I'm sure he can hear my smile in the sound of my voice. "Of course not... sure." He has a huge satisfied grin on his lips which evokes a desire inside of me to kiss him again so I do. This is too perfect to be true. Sitting next to the Eiffel Tower, kissing the boy I love...

"Come on Charlie!!" Usually Charlie and I stay in bed for way too long. Due to my job I'm used to going to bed late and, therefore, getting up late too and Charlie's schedule is just constantly changing but today we have to get up early. "Just one more minute." I throw a pillow at Charlie. "Come..." I grab his blanket... "... on!" ... and pull it off him. Reluctantly he turns around and lifts his hands into the air.

Against my better judgement I take them but of course he pulls me down on top of him, placing his lips on mine before I can say anything. For a moment I let myself get lost in the kiss but then I remember our mission so I push myself up a little. "I'd love to continue this but if we don't want to wait infront of the Louvre until tomorrow we have to move it!"

Charlie sighs a little but a smile builds on his lips. "You're hot when you're bossy." I grab the pillow from next to him and hit him playfully. "Stop flirting! You're not helping." We both start laughing and I let myself fall onto my back next to him.

No idea how but we managed to get to the Louvre almost in time so the line had a decent length. After we left the Louvre we went on a stroll through the Jardin des Tuileries and up Champs-Élysée, which lead us to now sitting at Ladurée eating Macarons and Eclairs. I swear sometimes I feel like all we are doing is eating. I have to say though, I now fully understand what all the fuzz is about.

First of all, Macarons are definitely cute and I mean they taste like teeny-tiny beautiful cakes... what's there not to love? It was a pain to decide which flavors to get. If it would have been up to Charlie we would have probably gotten one of each... I swear the guy can eat like a whole herd of elephants and not put on a gram, it's really unfair.

Once we're done eating we continue our stroll up to the Arc de Triomphe and climb up on top. Looking over a city from up above really is beautiful every single time. I truly get why so many people love Paris.