Chapter Six

Play the song as you read

As the years went by, Edmund continued to sneak the young Princess out to practice her fighting skills. To be honest, she was a natural, something that must have been within the Lannister bloodline. She had tremendously improved, Edmund having to try. The two had aged into young adults, their beauty at its peak. Ed had newly turned nineteen, Aurora a year behind.

It was a night like no other, the pair sneaking away to their practice spot. They galloped into the fields, Aurora circling her brother upon her horse as she cackled with laughter.

"Come on then Ed!" Aurora roared, jabbing Edmund with her sword.

He chuckled as he rounded behind her on his horse, trying to sneak attack. "Cocky, are we?"

"Is that all you have?" Aurora smiled as she jumped down from her horse, Edmund copying her actions.

She stood daringly as she wore an oversized white shirt and a fur waistcoat with some brown trousers and basic armour, Edmund had taught her how to suit up appropriately instead of fighting in poxy dresses. Edmund was as handsome as ever, his hair had been cut a little shorter, his body a little bulkier as he fit into his frame now.

Edmund yelled as he attempted to hit her, swinging his sword in a circle above his head, Aurora instinctively blocked his hit. The two siblings fought for a while, a joust here and a hit there. Aurora grunted as she attacked her brother, Edmund blocking them just in time. Truth be told, she was strong, Edmund feeling the power within her blows.

"Watch your feet!" He reminded her as he tried to hit her legs, so she'd improve on her footwork.

Aurora glanced at her feet, watching her brother and how he moved about it. She thought carefully about where she stood next.

"It's just like ballroom dancing, there's a routine." He explained as he stepped back, gesturing for her to attack him again. She nodded, determined to beat him as she attacked him once more, this time using her footwork techniques. Edmund watched in awe as she continuously took hits at him, Edmund edging further and further away. "That's it!" He smiled.

Aurora yelled with passion, her mind determined to beat her brother. She drew closer and closer, blocking Edmund's blows. Until she overpowered the young Prince, "Woah!" Edmund shouted as he slipped and fell, Aurora holding her sword to his neck.

The power within this moment was iconic. There the Princess stood, the wind blowing her hair as she strongly upheld her sword, Edmund laying on his elbows as he stared in shell shock. At this point, any man of any kingdom would be extremely embarrassed they were just beaten by a girl. And not just a girl but their sister. She stood above him; a smirk rested upon her lips as she revelled in her accomplishment. Edmund laid under her blade; a smile smacked across his face as he was pleased about her talent. He could now sleep at night, knowing she could protect herself.

"No final words?" She boasted.

"Nothing more than I'm proud of you." He smiled as she rolled her eyes.

"Why have you got to ruin my moment with your soppy words?" She sighed as she offered her hand for him to take.

"Can I not congratulate the only woman in Asterin who can protect herself?" He grinned. "Seriously, I'm impressed, you've come a long way." Edmund chuckled as he walked towards his horse, straddling it.

"I suppose I wouldn't have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for you." Aurora smiled as she climbed aboard Winston.

"Do you know who else would be proud?" Edmund asked quietly as his horse began to trot lightly beside his sister.