~Love Language~

You were frozen in place, eyes glued to the front door. Kylo tries to grab your hand, but you had already shot up to your feet. Nausea rolls through your stomach in waves. Your brain couldn't seem to choose with emotion to register; fear, confusion, or anger. Why were they here now? Out of all of the expensive restaurants in town, they had to choose this place.

"Baby," Kylo says wearily.

"I want to leave." You blurt, eyes not leaving your parents as they are led through the restaurant. "Now."

He stands up. "Okay, let's get our coats from the front. It's okay."

Kylo glances down to your hands at your sides. They were alternating from rolling into fists, to trembling violently when they were released. You were fiddling nervously with the ring on your right hand that Kylo had gifted you a little while back; the one embedded with black diamonds.

"Look at me." He tries to pull you in. "They won't know we're here. We'll leave and order some food at home. Hm?"

You manage to nod stiffly, but you still couldn't look Kylo in the eyes. He grabs one of your clammy hands and begins to pull you away from the table, only to freeze in his tracks.

Your parents were being led towards the steps.

Kylo looks around the room desperately, searching for a way out. When his eyes move back to the stairs, his heart sinks. They had already seen you. Kylo bites his lip, pulling you closer protectively. He observes your parents closely as they approach.

You certainly looked like a mix of them. Your father's hair was already graying and there were permanent stress lines on his forehead. He was dressed in a horrifically expensive suit and a watch that would put even Kylo's collection to shame. There wasn't much muscle on the man, but he had eyes that could kill. Your mother seemed more of the quiet, judging type. She barely touched her husband and seemed to drift away from him. She too was dressed to impress; a black gown and too many glittering jewels to count.

"Sweetheart?" Your father frowns at you in disbelief.

Kylo thought it was horribly amusing—hypocritical, even—for him to call you such a name despite him abandoning you your entire life. He had seen the texts between you and your father. The coldness and the distance. Kylo despised him already.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

Although Kylo knew the man was a bastard, he certainly wasn't expecting those to be a father's first words to his missing daughter.

"The police haven't said a word to us about you for weeks now! Did you run away? After everything we've done for you?" He demands furiously.

Your hand grips Kylo's tightly as you look between the people who raised you. "I-I didn't run away."

You sounded more meek than Kylo had ever heard before. He was fighting off this overwhelming urge to pull your father outside and beat him mercilessly. For all of it. For everything that snake had ever done to you.

"You ran away with Tom, didn't you?" His eyes narrow accusingly. It was as though Kylo wasn't even standing there.

"I didn't, I swear." You sounded defeated, like this was the end of everything.

Your father finally directs his attention to the intimidating man on your right. "And you! Who the fuck are you? Get away from my daughter."

"Dad, please," you beg. "He's not hurting me."

Your mother looks Kylo up and down with a rather disgusted, critical expression on her face. Her eyes roam over his face, taking note of the scar etched from his brow down his cheek and past his collar. Kylo's sleeves had been rolled up, revealing part of his tattooed arms. She sneers at that sight; the woman not being very fond of tattoos.