Colonel Dax! Naib x reader || angst

I read the synopsis for the movie that the skin was based off of, and holy moly... I think I should watch it now lmao. I used the basis of the beginning of the story line to give me a plot, I hope that's not a problem haha. 

The sound of papers fluttering to the ground caught your attention. You cautiously made your way outside of the door to the colonel's cabin. Distinct muttering under the breath could be heard from your position leaning against the door. Carefully, you pushed the door open, unnoticed by the angered colonel. You barely caught yourself from stepping on one of the discarded papers littering the floor.

"What are you doing in here?" His voice was a quiet shout, resulting in angry words at an inside volume. You began to collect the papers strewn about the room as you had done many times before. You take the now neat stack of papers, presumably notes from his last meeting, and set them on his desk, his eyes following your every move. As your hands left the desk, a hand reached for your wrist, holding it in a loose grip. "Normally, you knock." He let you go as he stared you down, you responding to his stare with a friendly grin of your own. He sighed and shook his head, a small smile revealing itself at the sight of yours. He moved to his seat and slumped in his chair, you right next to him.

You were, to him, a comfort. Ever since his first dramatic outburst, you have been by his side to calm him down or give him the comfort he needed. Not to mention, he did the same for you, but most days you had too much on your agenda to call for unnecessary over-emotional frenzies. Instead, you handled the stress of other people needing you, and Naib helps you with that. Together, you were an unstoppable team, bringing together the people you lead to victory. As a colonel, Naib always had to be strong, and you were determined to be strong by his side.

He pulled the stack of papers you previously collected towards him and began flipping through the pages again. Seemingly unconsciously, he reached for his shoulder, where your hand resided. You gave a firm pat and bent down to his face level, his eyes focused on scanning the strategy he was tasked with devising. You caught a faint mumble under his breath as he did quick calculations in his head.

"What's wrong, Naib?" As the words leave your lips, his head whips towards you, eyes wider than they were when looking over the papers. His words seemed to come out before his mouth moved.

"It's suicide." he paused, looking at a specific document he had pulled aside, "We are to take a well-defended position from the enemy. There's no plausible way I can lead my soldiers to victory in this situation." He held his head, removing his eyes and hand from you, once again zeroing in on whatever plan he was trying to come up with where not everyone dies. You reach your other arm across his opposite shoulder, not normal for an advisor consulting with their superior, but quite a normal position for someone comforting their significant other. You began to think of ways to help him come up with a solution, but the look in his face told you that this was not something he needed an advisor for.

"Naib, it'll be ok." You start, him facing you as you console him. "The attack isn't for weeks, we have time to figure something out, and I'll talk to the general, that is my job, afterall." You tried to give him a confident smile, but both of you knew that there wasn't much to be done in the circumstance. You remove yourself from behind him as he stood up, sighed, and brought you into a tight, insecure hug. He pulled you as close to himself as he could, arms underneath yours and holding your back in a heart-to-heart. Here, alone with him, there were no problems. No ongoing war, no one else to be responsible for, not worrying if either of you would live another day. In his arms, you were safe. You wished that could last forever. It would, you convinced yourself, slightly tightening your grip as if to convey your thoughts of being together; the two of you would make it home alive. You thought back to all the long nights where neither of you could sleep, hopefully discussing what life in the future would be like. You were going to buy a house together, get a dog, think about children someday. You were going to make it.