Tracy x reader || angst

TW: death, very angsty death

"Tracy! I brought you breakfast!" You shout, opening her door with your foot. Your eyes searched for her, finally landing on the mechanic fast asleep at her desk with a few tools scattered about her. You set the plates down next to her and took the screwdriver out of her hand, then you placed your hand on her head, ruffling her hair to wake her up.

"mmmph," after shaking her gently for a moment, she stirred and mumbled, "'m awake." Hearing her slurred speech caused a giggle to escape from your lips. She laughed back in confusion, then woke up fully when she smelled the food you brought. Between quick bites, she let out a muffled 'thank you' as if this wasn't something you did for her almost every day. When she finished her meal and you finished yours, you pulled her from her seat, dragging her downstairs. As she panicked from your sudden behavior, you explained.

"I let you sleep in, sorry. We have a match right now, and I don't want you to get in trouble for being late." Bursting into the match room, you instantly calmed yourself and slowed down, leading Tracy to a chair and ignoring the comments from Kevin and José about your late arrival. The moment you two sat down and readied yourselves, the match began. As you began to decode, you didn't realize that you were holding your breath until you heard the unmistakable sound of Tracy activating her robot from somewhere across the map. Breathing a sigh of relief, you continued to decode. Before anyone got hit, Tracy's cipher popped, and you were close to finishing yours until a box with red lines coming out of it was thrown towards you and your heartbeat increased. With haste, you let your teammates know of the progress your cipher made, then ran from the swiftly approaching penguin-like robot. As you ran, you caught a glimpse of the smaller, more friendly robot of Tracy's at the cipher you were previously working on. Bon-Bon realized this too, as he backtracked to take out her robot. You were going to warn Tracy, but it was too late. Her robot was gone, and now he knew where she was. You followed Bon-Bon and warned Tracy that the hunter changed targets. As he approached her, you went around a wall and came out between them, to protect her. This made him angry. All while throwing bombs for the two of you to dodge, he hit you, allowing Tracy to get further ahead of him due to her use of broken windows. You tried to distract him from her, but he kept pursuing the timid mechanic. You were able to pull a pallet down behind him, causing him to be stunned for a moment, then he hit you again, opting not to chair you, but to keep after the mechanic. Just as you managed to heal yourself halfway, Tracy got hit, urging you to heal yourself faster.

"Need any help?" The voice from behind you began to wrap a bandage around your bleeding arm, effectively completing your healing enough for you to get up.

"Focus on decoding." You grunted to the cowboy while starting off towards where you thought Tracy was. You didn't realize he was following you until you reached her. You watched her throw down a pallet, only to be hit and downed before it fell. Lightly pushing you out of the way, Kevin used his lasso to pull Tracy from the hunter's grasp and into his arms. Neither of them noticed your scowl. As the third cipher popped, Bon-Bon landed a hit on Kevin. You led Tracy away from the hunter to a cipher as you let José, who was already en route, rescue the cowboy. As the two of you decoded, she pulled out her controller, which you thought was unusable, and brought her robot to the cipher she was working on at the beginning, before the hunter started chasing her. The cipher her robot was working on popped when your progress reached half-way. Kevin was at 25% health while José was at 50%. Silently, you and the mechanic worked away at the cipher, and once it was primed, you began to heal her up, patching up her scratches back to full health. She smiled at you and looked as of she was going to say something, but was interrupted by Kevin being incapacitated. The two of you popped the cipher and ran to the nearest exit gate, you typing in the code. Just before you opened the gate, both Kevin and José ran up behind you, the hunter close behind. As the gate began to open, you grabbed Tracy's wrist and pulled her away from the hunter as well as shielding her from any possible incoming attacks. By the time she had gotten through the gate, Kevin had been downed and chaired for the final time as everyone made it through the gate.