First Dance (Luca x Reader part 2)

His first match was experimental; he loved it. Learning about what he could do, how his abilities and the other's worked with the environment, and the hunters. He could make circuits and stun the hunters with a shock. He even made a new friend, (y/n) (l/n). He noticed how she helped him adapt to the odd conditions of this game, even though she was new to it herself. She stayed with him after his first match and explained everything he wanted to know. She told him about the hunters and the different maps they had to play on. She tried her best to help him feel safe or, at least comfortable, around the other survivors. He was grateful for her to give him a smooth transition, but still wary of this new type of interaction. He went to bed that night full of thoughts, questions, and theories. A knock at the door woke him up. He was thrust from a dream that felt like a memory. It was already gone; all he remembered was a feeling similar to drifting on a cloud. The knock sounded again, and this time he answered.

"I'm awake, I'll be down in a moment."

"See you soon, Luca!" (y/n) chirped, leaving him to prepare himself for the day. He smiled to himself, something he hadn't done in a long time, and started down to the dining room. As he walked, he greeted the others he passed with a wave. When did he become this positive? If anything, he should be in despair, stuck in a place like this, but he was happy.

"Good morning! How did you sleep?" His friend greeted him as he entered the room. She smiled at him, then continued to eat.

"I slept well, how about you?" He offered, while grabbing a plate of his own.

"I slept alright, thanks! Hey," she paused, making sure she had his attention, "we have a match together this evening." He nodded, and asked her if she knew of any other matches he would have. "Normally new survivors don't have more than one match per day until they are well associated," she informed. He nodded again, taking in every word she said. Then he asked the questions he thought of as he was trying to sleep.

"What kind of free time do we get here, and what resources related to your profession do you get?" He was determined to further his studies. She laughed a bit and answered to the best of her abilities.

"Well, as long as you aren't scheduled for a match, you can do as you please. As for resources," she paused, thinking, "I'm not sure. I mean everyone has to write a diary, so that isn't specific to me, and Emily is a Doctor, so she has to have the infirmary." She trailed off, unable to give him an answer. As she realized she didn't know, she offered a solution instead. "Why don't we go ask?" She takes his arm and leads him to the previously mentioned infirmary.

"Hey Emily, we have a question." (y/n) started when she saw the blue dressed doctor. "So do we get things to work with that have to do with our abilities?"

"Well, as far as we know, anything in the manor is for our use. Speaking of, there's a section in the library you might want to check out, (y/n). It has a nice desk with plenty of writing utensils, I'll show you if you'd like." Emily concluded while leading her to the library. Luca followed. As they walked, Luca observed the things they passed until his eyes landed on the gramophone right inside the library. Emily noticed his curiosity and suddenly addressed it.

"It was broken while some boys," she glared and emphasized "some boys," "were rough-housing, maybe you can fix it?" When she suggested this to the inventor, both women noticed the shine in his eyes. One of them smiled because of it; Emily, however, is familiar with the mischievous glint and prepared for the worst. He picked it up and took off, yelling a "thank you" as he rushed away. They continued on their way to the desk in the library.

"(y/n)? It's time for dinner!" A voice called, though she barely processed it until their hands were on her shoulders. "You've been in here all day. Emily told me that I am to make you leave, come on." Vera pulled the writer up, shaking her out of her imaginary world and back to reality.