Chapter 37: Morning Delight

A/N: So, uh...how many chapters is too many? 

*Smut ahead*

"We talked. That's it."

"Severus?" You and Lupin echoed one another.

Severus' eyes darted from you, to Lupin, and then back to you. He clearly didn't expect to see you coming out of Lupin's office. You looked back at Severus, not at all shocked to see that usual expression of jealousy any time you were near Lupin.

"Lupin," Severus said through gritted teeth and a clenched jaw; "[Y/N]."

You had learned several times over the course of your relationship that Severus did NOT like you receiving attention from anyone other than him. You had discovered this through Cedric Diggory and Remus Lupin that Severus wanted you to himself. While it could be a little frustrating to have Severus always making a fuss about other men...

You always seemed to profit from it at the end of the day.

Lupin's hand had landed on your shoulder to steady you when you stumbled back from bumping into Severus, who was now boring a hole into Lupin's hand. His voice was deep as he slowly enunciated each word.

"Don't touch her." Severus growled.

Lupin immediately withdrew his hand, awkwardly putting it behind his back. It hadn't yet dawned on you how suspicious this looked. You and Lupin alone in his office early in the morning, both looking flushed and sweaty.

But Remus was well aware.

"Severus, I'm aware of how this looks." Remus said to the irritated Severus Snape.

Severus' arms crossed over his chest. His eyes were dead set on you, refusing to look away now.

"Do you care to explain what you're doing with my girlfriend?" Severus seethed at Lupin, but continued to look at you.

Holy shit.

You saw a dazzling, brief flash in his eyes at the use of the term "girlfriend". This was the first time that he had referred to you as such. Hell, you hadn't even referred to him as your boyfriend. In Severus' mind, there was not much of a point in beating around the bush if Lupin already knew. It was also a verbal reminder that you were his and his alone.

This felt like you were official now. You were an official, yet off the record, couple. Your heart was hammering away in your chest. In the last 12 hours, you had been overloaded with information to process. This definitely topped it all.

"Severus, I..." You breathed, knocked speechless.

Even Remus was fighting the urge to smile. He had to admit, he was proud of Severus. No matter how much bad blood was between them. Still, you were still in an awkward situation.

"[Y/N] came by with some concerns about her grade in my class." Remus lied.

Severus raised a brow, looking you up and down for any evidence that you had just done something with Lupin that would surely break his heart. Severus didn't trust Lupin in general, and especially when it came to you. You were a beautiful woman with a lot of personality and a lot to offer. Severus didn't feel like he deserved you most of the time, which is why he grew more protective of you the more he fell in love with you.

"Did she?" Severus replied, still looking solely at you.

You gulped, feeling like a toddler who had been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. You had sort of gone behind Severus' back, and the fact that you had sought out Lupin was worse and probably a mistake on your part.