Chapter 2

IZUKU POV

It was the first day of my second year in middle school. My day started the same as it always had. I get up, take a shot of whisky and make three new cuts. I hop in the shower and let the water wash the blood off my arm. After that I make my way to school. I put my headphones in and say down. "The first day is always the worst. I hope he's not in this class." Sadly the world just wanted to keep fucking me over as he walked in.

"Hey you damn nerd you're still here?"

I looked up and put my hands under my desk while giving a fake smile. "Well hello Kannchan."

-Snap-

Class dragged on after everyone introduced themselves and said what quirk they had I was immediately made an outcast. Luckily the teacher didn't care so I just put my headphones back in and drifted away. When lunch came I didn't go to the cafeteria I just went up to the roof. It was quiet and I didn't have to deal with anyone.

-Snap-

-Snap-

-Snap-

The rest of the day dragged on. I just wanted the day to be over so I could go home. I took out my notebook and just jotted down ideas for some beats during the last half of the day. Finally the bell rang and I could finally go.

"Hey Deku the old hag said she wants you to come over for dinner tonight."

"Great today just wanted to keep stacking it on."

"Oh alright what time?" I reached in my bag and put my notebook away.

-Snap-

"I don't know just be there by six or don't I couldn't care less."

Bakugo just stormed out of the classroom. I looked at my phone, it was 3:30. "I can't go home because I know I won't leave and I don't want auntie Mitsuki to come and drag me to dinner again. I guess I'll just wander." I got up and put on my headphones. Walking out of the school I could feel everyone's eyes on me. Even if I couldn't hear them I knew what they were saying. "Is that the quirkless kid? I heard he still wants to be a hero. He's crazy to think that. What's wrong with him?"

-Snap-

"This thing doesn't really help at all but at least it calms me a little." I looked down at my wrist and pulled my sleeve up a little. I could see some scars and a bright red mark from all the snaps I did during the day. The rubber band was worn and starting to tear. It had a few red splatters from the days I actually snapped so much it broke the skin and caused me to bleed. "Looks like it's time for a new one when I get home." Before I knew it I was walking through the park. This place was peaceful. I used to play here as a kid. There was a bench that I would always sit at on top of a hill. I made my way to it and I saw someone sitting on it. "Shit."

-Snap-

I took a deep breath and just walked to the tree next to it and leaned up against it. I turned the volume up a little more and just started to fade away into the beats.

JIROU POV

School was over for the day. There was never any work after the first day so I was in no rush to get home. My parents wouldn't be home till later so I had some free time. The sky may have been overcast but I liked it. The aesthetic was great. I made my way to the park close to my house. I made my way to the top of the hill and sat on the bench that overlooked everything. I sat back and pulled out my notebook as I just watched the world go by. After a few minutes I heard someone walking up, I didn't think much of it a lot of people liked this spot. I looked over and saw a kid that looked about my age walking up with headphones in and his head down. He walked up to the tree and leaned against it. "That's a little odd there's plenty of room on the bench. I know I was already here but that doesn't mean he has to stay on the ground." I went back to my notebook. I was tapping on it trying to figure out some lyrics. I felt inspired to write today but I couldn't think of anything, it's so annoying. After some time I leaned my head back and sighed out of frustration. I looked around and saw the kid sitting in the same spot. He wasn't doing anything, just looking  over the park with a dead look on his face. I looked back to my notebook and started tapping my pen again.