Chapter 10

IZUKU POV

The next morning I woke up and looked around the room confused. "Right I'm still in the hospital." I sat up on the bed and grabbed my phone. "It's already 9. Hopefully they let me go home soon." I stood up and went to grab my clothes. As I changed, pain shot through my chest with every movement. My shirt and hoodie were by far going to be the hardest part of the day. After changing I sat on the edge of the bed and thought back to everything that had happened yesterday. "I got sent to a hospital because of Kacchan. A hero saved me. That same hero now knows of my past. Jirou saw a glimpse of my past.... Damn.... She probably thinks I'm a freak now." I flopped back on the bed and stared at the ceiling and got lost in my thoughts again. "I haven't seen auntie Mitsuki cry like that since mom left." I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. As I let out the breath I opened my eyes and extended my finger and touched a red orb that had appeared.

Instantly I was standing in the doorway of my apartment. All the lights were off. The door began to open behind me. I didn't turn around. I had seen this memory enough to know what's coming next.

"Mom I'm home." A younger version of myself walked through me as they continued into the house. "Mom?" I followed the younger version of my house through the house. We checked every single room and made our way back to the living room. "I guess she got called in early today." I watched myself walk into the kitchen and grab a drink." I stayed in the living room. I put my hand up and counted down from three on my fingers. As I put my last one down my younger self opened up a letter and began to read and made their way back to the living room. I watched the light drain from my eyes. As I finished the letter I fell to my knees. I watched myself stay motionless for ten minutes before the door opened up. Auntie Mitsuki was standing in the doorway.

"Izuku are you here!"

My younger self broke out of their trance and quickly hid the note in my pocket. Auntie Mitsuki walked in the house and saw me on my knees. She knelt down behind me and wrapped her arms around me and cried.

"I'm sorry Izuku."

I sat up in the bed and was gasping for air as a single tear rolled down my cheek. "Everytime It's a single tear." As I caught my breath I heard a knock on the door. "Come in."

The door opened and the doctor walked in. "How are you feeling this morning Midoriya?"

"I'm still sore and it's a pain to change."

"I expected that much, but you should be fine by Monday." He pulled up a chair and sat in front of me. "So do you want the good or bad news first?"

"Does it really matter?"

He let out a sigh. "Not really. Well the results came back and there are no infections so you're clear to go home. However the hero that brought you in requested we don't discharge you till he gets here."

I look to the ground. "Is there anything else?"

"Just the discharge paperwork and home care instructions." He opened up his chart and handed me some paperwork. "All this is just saying what you can and can't do. But because of your age you can't legally do the majority of the list. Just don't do anything too active next week. There is a note in there to excuse you from gym class. Also I'd recommend staying home Monday if the pain is still bothering you. There is a second note that covers that as well. As far as home care for the next two weeks you'll want to change the gauze daily but don't change that wrapping we just put on till tomorrow. Well give you some to take home on your way out."

"Yes sir."

"Any questions?" He stood up from his chair.

"No sir."