Chapter 15

IZUKU POV

The park was quiet for the middle of the day. I walked through it making my way to my spot. The sound of music flooded my head as I took in the scenery. It was oddly peaceful. It was comical just how contradicting this is. A somewhat average middle schooler walking through a park as if they didn't have a care in the world. It was a moment that looked so carefree. But on the inside that boy was a chaotic twister of confusion.

I laughed to myself a little as I finally reached my favorite spot. I stopped and stared at the bench for a moment before shaking my head and sitting against the tree. I leaned my head against the tree and sighed. "Life shouldn't be this stressful."

I brought my head forward and looked down the hill to see a family enjoying a picnic. A small smile crept onto my face for a moment before turning to a scowl. "Life shouldn't be this unfair either. I wasn't even given a chance to have a 'normal' life."

I kept watching them for a few minutes. They laughed and enjoyed their time without a care in the world. Their child started to run around playing. The parents just watched and smiled as their child had fun. I shook my head and looked up to the sky. "I guess no one ever said life was fair." I looked back at my phone to see a notification.

Jirou: "Is everything alright?"

I let out a small smile. "Well it's not like everything is completely unfair."

Midoriya: "Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind at the moment."

I closed my eyes and just let the music fill my head as I thought about everything that had happened recently. "Honestly things are starting to look up. I actually have choices in life." I opened my eyes and looked down the hill to see the family starting to pack up and leave. "I may  have missed out on my real family but that doesn't mean I can't have another in the future."

Jirou: "Oh... well I'm here if you ever need someone to talk to. You know I'm all ears."

I let out a small laugh while shaking my head.

Midoriya: "God is that the best you can do? I mean you've already used that one already. Lol"

Midoriya: "But in all seriousness thanks... it means a lot."

I set my phone down and stared into the sky contemplating what to do. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the paper Mr. Aizawa had left me. "If I did this I'd have a year and a half to prepare. I'm sure that he'd help train me so I'm physically ready." I looked back to my phone to see another notification. "Would I have to give up what I have now? I don't want to lose the first real friend I've had." I threw my head back into the tree making a small thud.

"I had a feeling you'd be here."

I looked to the side to see auntie Mitsuki walking up to me. "What are you doing here?"

She sat next to me against the tree and put a hand on my head. "You seriously didn't think I'd come check up on you. I haven't seen you since you got out of the hospital."

I looked down to the ground. "I guess I meant how did you know I was here?"

"Izuku, I've known you your whole life. I know your tendencies more than you do."

I looked over to her before looking back to the ground. "Whatever you say." I put my thumb to my teeth.

I heard Auntie Mitsuki let out a sigh. "What's on your mind kid?"

"Nothing..."

"Don't try and hide it from me." She gave me a gentle slap on the head.

I looked up to her with a look of annoyance. She gave me a smile. I looked back down the hill to where the family was earlier. "A lot has happened recently and I don't know what to do."