Chapter 58

IZUKU POV

My heart was pounding uncontrollably as my head throbbed, my knuckles stung from fresh cuts, and it felt as if my world was going to end. Even so the refreshing hot water that poured onto me felt soothing as it washed away the tournet of thoughts, all except one.

"How the hell did I wind up here?"

I was currently standing in Yukihira's shower trying to figure out the cluster fuck that was my life.

After leaving UA I wandered aimlessly, every other minute my phone went off. Yaomomo, Todoroki, Uraraka, and Jirou were relentless with calls and texts; I turned off my phone. I couldn't deal with them right now, especially Jirou, my mind was already enough of a mess.

I wasn't exactly sure how long I wandered for, but eventually I found myself sitting on a familiar park bench on top of a hill. The sun had completely set so only the moon and stars illuminated the night sky, it was peaceful. The perfect place to drown out the voices that were tormenting me.

At least that was the plan, as I began to drink I heard footsteps rushing towards me. There was no hostile intent that I could sense, still a high schooler holding a half empty bottle of whiskey wasn't a good look. I tried to leave, but the familiar voice of Yukihira stopped me. It didn't take long for her to practically drag me back to her house for the night. Apparently a famous hero course student getting caught drunk in the middle of a park would be a PR nightmare for the future. As she dragged me back it started to rain on us.

The water continued to crash onto me, it felt really good, the stingy water on fresh wounds helped keep my mind at bay. A soft knock on the door brought me back to my senses.

"Hey Midoriya, I set some fresh clothes out for you."

I reluctantly turned the water off, as much as I wanted to stay there forever I needed to get out.

"Thanks."

"It's no problem, I've made some food so I'll be in the kitchen."

Her footsteps slowly faded before I fully got out. The towels they had were soft and smelt nice, much nicer than anything Pops or Mama Joke bought. I was trying to find something, anything, to keep my mind off what had happened. I couldn't deal with all that right now, I needed some peace.

The clothes she left out for me were less than ideal, gray sweatpants and a black Yukihira Diner shirt. The sleeves were short, definitely something I didn't feel like dealing with tonight. A sigh escaped as I changed, everything would be tolerable with my hoodie, unfortunately it was missing along with my other clothes.

I opened the door wide enough to slip my head through. "Hey Yukihira, where did my clothes go?"

Her head popped around the corner. "They're in the washer."

"Why?"

She looked at me like I had three heads. "We got caught in the rain and you tripped going down the hill. They needed to get washed."

I sighed again. "Alright."

With the door closed I opened my backpack. I hadn't packed much, my laptop, a half empty bottle of whiskey that was now leaning closer to a third, and my school clothes. I debated changing into my uniform, but decided against it. Instead I took another swig before changing into the clothes she brought me.

In the kitchen stood Yukihira who had finished making a late night snack. Her long blonde hair with a deep crimson streak was still damp and lightly pulled back. It was enchanting watching her in her element.

It felt wrong sitting alone in a kitchen with a girl that was Yaomomo or Jirou, even if there was no intent of anything other than eating a late night snack it still felt wrong. Yukihira must have felt it too, she was extremely fidgety.