Chapter 4

Invitation

Chaeyoung

"Hello. I'm Jisu."

A pretty girl suddenly approached me while I was on my way to the music room. I halted in my tracks and gave her a friendly smile.

"I'm a new student." She said shyly. "Could you please tell me where the music room is?"

"Oh, just come with me. I'm also headed there." She nodded as we both started to walk side by side.

"Are you going to join the music club?" I asked.

"Ah, yes."

"Why do you want to join, then?"

"I love music. There's just something about it that makes me feel alive and happy. I also want to learn how to play a lot of instruments." She said, her cheeks were tinged with pink. I was just like her when I was new here. The campus is quite big and I didn't know where the music room is, so I asked the person closest to me—which was Yunhyeong—and he brought me there. It turned out that he was a member of the club.

"What grade and class are you in?"

"Tenth grade. Class 4." She answered.

"How—"

"Hey, Chaeng!" An overly energetic voice interrupted the two of us. I looked over to my left and saw Bambam jogging towards me.

"Where are you going?" He asked, not realizing that I have a companion.

"We have a club meeting."

He nodded a bit. "I'll be hanging out with the members. How many performances do you think your club will have this year?"

"Maybe just a few. I just know that the main performance is going to be by the end of the school year. Ugh, time flies so fast. By the way, this is Jisu. Jisu, this is Bambam." I said, and they both greeted each other with a bow.

"I think I haven't seen you before." Bambam mused.

"I'm new here."

"That's why." He nodded. After several minutes, we finally reached the music room which is only a few doors away from the dance club room.

"Bye, Bam." He nodded at me and slightly bowed at Jisu before walking away.

"Let's go inside." I opened the door and went inside after her. The big room was separated into two by a glass partition wall. Different kinds of sofas were scattered across the first part of the room you'll walk into. Music notes were painted black on the walls. The wall on the other end was filled by some brass and woodwind instruments. There were circlet sofas, a piano sofa, and square colorful couches arranged in a bigger square in the middle, making it look like a beat pad. From here, I can see various instruments in the other side of the room through the glass wall including the piano, xylophones, drums, and gongs.

The other members were dispersed around the room, each doing different things to probably kill time. Jihyo was reading a book in the corner. Soyeon was playing the guitar. Junhoe was singing at the top of his lungs, his raspy voice echoing in the soundproof room. Yunhyeong was watching mukbang videos on his phone, the sound of crispy chicken blending in with the other noises. Haechan was sprawled across the floor, playing a game on his phone. Jayoon was scribbling something on a paper while Minjeong was just sitting in front of her. They're probably talking about mysterious crimes again. Our president, Jihoon, was sitting on his chair, looking deep in thought as he gazes out the window.