Chapter 7

Courage

Chaeyoung

"Where's our drinks?"

I heard Mingyu ask while I was struggling to open the door to the rooftop as my hands were already full. That's why I kicked the door open instead and shouted, making them turn their heads to me.

"Here it is!" I announced as I walked towards the table. I distributed our usual drinks to each one of them before taking my seat. Minghao put a blue, deflated balloon on the table before tossing a trash bag to Yugyeom's direction.

"It's cold. I should have brought my jacket." Eunwoo said, slightly shivering as he hugged himself. Jaehyun laughed and draped his arm around his shoulders, pulling him closer to him.

"I can be your jacket." He joked. Seokmin and Mingyu both gave Jaehyun a disgusted look. Bambam, who's seated at the far side of the table, just laughed while he pets Wooyoung. Meanwhile, Gyuyoung is here with me. We tried introducing them to each other earlier, but they barked at each other nonstop. Gyuyoung even tried to fight with him despite being the smaller one.

"Ooh," I laughed. "I didn't know you're this cheesy, Jae." He scoffed at me, his arm still wrapped around Eunwoo. Jungkook leaned over the table, looking intrigued.

"Was that cheesy?" He asked, genuinely curious, his gaze fixed on me.

"I find it cheesy but some probably don't. I don't know." I shrugged nonchalantly before putting a straw in my banana milk. When Jaehyun finally removed his arm around Eunwoo's shoulder, Eunwoo started to inflate his balloon.

"Okay," Jungkook nodded slightly, looking like he just made a mental note. The side of his lips rose as he looked over at Jaehyun who had just rolled his eyes. My eyes drifted to the two guys who are cleaning up our mess after losing in rock, paper, and scissors—Seokmin and Yugyeom.

A satisfied grin painted my face as I watched Yugyeom clean with his face scrunched up, clearly unhappy that he lost but doesn't have a choice anyways.

"Cheers!" Mingyu raised his banana milk, so the rest of us did the same. Banana milks can't be missing on our birthdays for this is like our substitute for alcoholic drinks. We all share great love for banana milk, and besides, we don't really drink.

"Cheers!"

"Yah, Mingyu's birthday is fast approaching. Whose house will we celebrate in next? And why are our birthdays so close? Especially the three of you." Bambam referred to me, Jaehyun, and Seokmin.

"And the two of you as well." He added, referring to Minghao and Yugyeom this time.

"Well, it's not our fault." Mingyu said.

"I wasn't blaming anyone."

"You sounded like you were complaining." Seokmin interjected while finishing off their task.

"I may have but blaming and complaining is totally different, you idiots."

"Okay, stop. We're digressing from the topic, you twerps. Where will we celebrate next?" I butted in.