Chapter 20

Brain Freeze

Jaehyun

I ate my food in silence while the waiter was serving the idiots the food they only ordered for one obvious reason—attention.

"Enjoy!" The waiter exclaimed before walking away.

"He's right. Enjoy, guys." Bambam snickered, his gaze solely directed at Eunwoo who was sitting to my right. I looked over at him. He was just staring quietly at the bowl of hot ramen in front of him.

A smirk curled into my lips when I noticed him gulping. He's not really tolerant of anything spicy, so I don't get why he dared to do this.

Mingyu, on the other hand, can handle it quite well. The arrogant show-off didn't waste any time and immediately digged in after blowing on it.

I can't believe I'm seated between the two of them.

"Wah, Mingyu.." Chaeyoung said in utter surprise as she watched him slurp the noodles. The idiot smiled with his mouth full before he managed to speak.

"It's really spicy, but it's tolerable. It's good, actually."

A chuckle escaped my lips as I shook my head. I looked back to my right when I saw Eunwoo finally move. The smile on my face didn't falter as I watched him eat. He coughed a bit right after slurping it, catching Chaeyoung's attention.

"Yah, are you sure you can handle it?" Chaeyoung shouted at him. Bambam and I laughed so loud that it caught the others' attention.

"Oh, I guess they're big boys now, huh." Yugyeom mockingly said while Seokmin uttered words of encouragement to Eunwoo.

I looked over to Chaeyoung's side when Jungkook started coughing.

"Yah, why would you order that too?" Seokmin's tone of voice was filled with a mixture of curiosity and disbelief.

Shrugging, Jungkook reached for a glass of water. "I.. just wanted to try it." He quickly said before taking a swig.

"Eunwoo, still good?" Bambam laughed as Eunwoo continued to chew. His fair complexion was starting to become red—from his face, to his ears, and down to his neck.

Minghao decided to butt in. "Yah, I can eat it for you if you want."

"No, it's okay. I like the challenge."

"Challenge?" Chaeyoung said.

"The challenge in.. facing my weakness!" He then let out a forced, awkward laugh to make himself seem okay.

She rolled her eyes. "Well, you could end up in a hospital with this challenge of yours."

"She's right, man. Don't force it." Taeyong chimed in.

"Shut up—I mean, don't overreact, guys. This won't kill me, thanks." He looked pissed for a moment but he still managed to flash a smile.

Seems fake to me.

"Need help?" Mingyu spoke. When I looked over at him, I noticed that he was already about to finish it.