Chapter 13

Dao

Bambam

Vibrant beams of light from the mirror ball spun around the karaoke room as the lively music started blasting through the speakers. Snacks and drinks-including alcoholic ones-were scattered on the table, some even spilled across the floor due to the wild dancing earlier.

This celebration was different from our usual ones. We had some of our friends join us, hence why we have liquor. Youngho, who was the oldest in the room and the one who doesn't look like a highschooler the most, was the one who bought it from a convenience store nearby.

The karaoke room was nearly packed over a couple of hours ago, but only a few of us are left here as of the moment. Jihoon was talking with Minghao on the other end of the u-shaped couch-the both of them practically shouting to hear each other over Jihyo's loud singing voice.

Yugyeom and Seokmin were behind Jihyo, each of them has a tambourine in their hands as they moved their body to the rhythm. Jaehyun and Chaeyoung were busy eating the snacks. Mingyu was just watching the little show in front with Jongin and Seulgi-members of the dance club. Meanwhile, Eunwoo and Jungkook were fighting over the songbook next to me.

"Even across the Pacific Ocean, across the Atlantic Ocean, or across the Indian Ocean. I'll run to you if you call.. Unconditionally, I'll run to you.." Jihyo sung drunkenly as the two fools continued to dance together.

"Aren't we leaving yet? You're drunk!" Seulgi shouted at Jihyo who didn't hear a single thing she said. Jihyo and Jongin were already drunk. Fortunately, they're neighbors. Seulgi and Jihoon can just take them home together.

"No! I don't think going home early would make any difference. Mom will still berate me." Jongin slurred as he rested the back of his head on the couch.

Half an hour later, though, I found myself walking the four out of the karaoke room. Jihyo was so drunk that she could barely walk without Seulgi's assistance.

"Happy birthday, bro! Live as long as you want!" Jongin shouted as he tapped me on the shoulder with his heavy hand.

"Of course, thanks, bro!"

"May you finally get a girlfriend and maybe get laid so-"

I cut him off, laughing, although it was futile since the words had already left his mouth.

"Okay, okay! Just go home and sleep." I gave Jihoon a help-me look as I continued to try making Jongin shut his mouth.

"Come on." Jihoon pulled him away, and they were finally walking down the hallway to leave the establishment.

"Take care!" I shouted.

Shaking my head, I closed the door behind me as a new melody filled the entire room. Jungkook was standing in the center with the microphone in his hand. Meanwhile, Seokmin was warming up with the two tambourines for his silly dance again.

I removed my coat and plopped down next to Eunwoo, laughing as Jungkook started singing a song I didn't quite expect.

"Fill me with your love. My love battery is all used up. I can't live without you, I can't.. You're my battery."