Chapter 5

Unfortunate

Chaeyoung

"A resort?"

I woke up to Seokmin's alarmed voice. I groggily looked outside the car window on my right and saw a cream-colored building. At the entrance, a group of tourists were being guided by a lady in uniform.

"Yes. Seongwu's having a party at the beach." Jimin said which made my lips part in surprise. Seokmin and I looked at each other at the same time, his expression probably mirroring mine.

"Let's—"

"It's okay." I cut him off.

Seokmin keeps giving me a disapproving look while we got out of Jimin's car. He was quietly convincing me to leave already while we were entering the building, but I ignored him. He continued with that for a few minutes until the beach was visible to us.

Honestly, I kind of want to leave now but it'll be too embarrassing. Jimin picked us up at my house and drove for almost two hours, so I don't want his effort and time go to waste.

"That's where Seongwu and the others are." I looked at Jimin before following his line of vision. Three, big cottages were floating on the water.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as great apprehension crept into me.

"We'll ride a jet ski to go over there. Have you ever rode a jet ski before?" Jimin smiled, looking over at us.

"I have." Seokmin quickly answered him. Jimin nodded and started talking about his first experience, and my friend took that opportunity to whisper to me.

"Chaeyoung, Mother will get mad."

"Only if she finds out about this." I said. "And it's not like I'm going to dive in the water, right?"

He sighed in defeat.

"How do you feel?" Seokmin asked in concern when we were already on the cottage. Each of the wooden cottages with only a meter apart from each other have a few chairs and tables. There were a lot of foods, which I presume was delivered, and I also didn't fail to notice all the booze.

"Nervous." I honestly answered him.

"We should leave, then."

"Don't worry, okay? Nothing's going to happen." I said, glancing at the clear water. Beautiful yet traumatizing to me.

Later on, Jimin called the two of us to introduce us to some of his friends. We saw Seongwu, and we greeted him a happy birthday.

"Let's swim." Seongwu told us, smiling, but I immediately shook my head.

"Why? Didn't Jimin tell you beforehand that the venue is at the beach? Don't worry, there are some extra clothes—"

"I'm not going to swim."

"Okay, then. Feel free to get some food. Enjoy." Seongwu took off his shirt before jumping into the water, causing a big splash.