Prologue : Two

Park Erelah's P

Park Erelah's P.O.V | Night-Time at America

Erelah's room was no different from the sky above. It was dark, but not to the point it gave you chills. Erelah was at her bed sitting comfortably on its mattress as she rests her back on the headboard. A book in her hand as she flipped through the pages. The lampshade on her side casting light over both the book and her figure. Her eyes not being able to look away from the typeface. It almost looked like the book was gonna suck her alive due to how concentrated she looked.

But her eyes did leave the pages for once. She closed the book, with a sigh leaving her lips that was then followed by a smile as she held the literary piece closer to her chest.

'J.Jk never fails to amaze me. His stories are a work of art.' She thought to herself as she slowly got off of her bed and headed towards her bookshelf and once she was in front of it, she started to rearrange the books, making room for the new one she had just finished and once she had put it amongst the others she traveled back to her bed and sat at its very end.

She ventured deep into her thoughts again. 'What is love? And why is it so hard to describe? To understand?' Those questions tend to invade her mind after reading J.Jk's stories and considering the number of stories she has finished that was written by him, she had asked herself that countless times, however, she still had no answer. Well, she did? But she wasn't confident.

'Love takes in many different forms.' She thought as she looked at her table, her eyes landing on her family picture, which instantly made her lips form into a smile. 'It can be your love for your family-' Then suddenly her neighbor's dog barked from outside interrupting her peacefulness. Though, Erelah didn't seem to mind as she added, '-It can be your love for your pet.' A sigh left her lips yet again as she rose from her mattress and started heading towards her bedroom window. Her eyes now gazing at the night sky, taking in its beauty.

"Crazy how a four-letter word can mean so much, that it gets so hard to describe."

"I've already gone past my teenage years and yet I still don't fully understand it." She added. If anybody were to see her right now they might think she was crazy, but it was highly unlikely since most of them were already fast asleep.

"Love-" The four-letter word left her mouth as she opened her window allowing the chilly wind from outside to enter her room and brush past her delicate skin, sending shivers down her spine as she wrapped her hands around her waist.

"-for me is my attachment to him and his stories." A chuckle then left her lips once she realized what she had said. 'Well that sounded ridiculous' She thought to herself, but then she shrugged the thought away. "Ridiculous, but love has no rules and is unexpected most of the time, so I would say my perception is accurate." Her eyes were now no longer trained on the sky as she turned around and looked at her family portrait.

"Another ridiculous thing, my brother, Park Jimin." She said as her feet started making their way to her table. Once she was close to it, she held the portrait close to her hands and thought, 'He's J.Jk's friend and manager yet he never introduced me to him. In the many years I've been a fan and he as a manager. I never got the chance to meet him.' Unconsciously, Erelah's lips formed into a pout. Kind of upset with her brother, but she knows she can't, he's just doing his job and it's J.Jk's wish - to never let his face nor identity be known, so she had to respect that. 'Reading his stories is enough for me' She thought to herself, but in the deepest depths of her mind, the dream of meeting him was always there.

 'Reading his stories is enough for me' She thought to herself, but in the deepest depths of her mind, the dream of meeting him was always there

Edited: January 19, 2022