- 15

I FROZE in my spot as I heard what our boss announced

I FROZE in my spot as I heard what our boss announced. What she said kept repeating in my head in slow motion. And once I fully processed what she has announced the papers and ballpen that I was holding fell to the ground.

Jungkook kneeled down on the floor to pick up the things that I unconsciously let go from my hands. "B-but Tina said I'm going to be the editor right?" I asked my voice shaking as I looked at Tina and pointed a finger at her then at myself. Tina responded to my question with a nod. I could tell she was also confused with this sudden announcement since her lips were wearing a frown as she looked at the girl hiding behind our boss.

"She did... And I still doubt her decision up until now." I looked at Tina who's hands were now on her hips as she looked at our boss with an offended expression on her face. "Excuse me? Sorry, But may I ask why would you doubt my decision? I don't see anything wrong with it." Tina asked with an arched eyebrow. Our boss looked at her and sighed before answering her question.

"I mean look at the team you made... You're barely making any progress. You guys are still in the editing stage. The cover isn't even finalized yet." Our boss explained as she looked at the four of us and pointed at the stack of papers Jungkook was holding. "Well, that's because we want it to be perfect," Tina explained as she looked at the three of us which we responded with a nod.

"Once I made my decision... You can't change it Ms. Christina" Our boss said her voice filled with authority. "Now... Is it clear to you Ms. Park?" She asked as she looked in my direction with a tight smile on her lips. It took me a few seconds before I responded. "Y-yes... Boss" I said half-heartedly my eyes meeting my co-workmates who were looking at me with sad expressions painted on their faces.

I shook my head and smiled at them then proceeded to walk out of the office.

_______________________

And just like that, Erelah was back to running errands for the company. She has anticipated this outcome... But she didn't think it would affect her this much. Maybe it's because she was actually enjoying working with the three of them. And because she finally found another reason to wake up in the morning.