- 29

IT WAS now the next day and I could barely get any sleep last night

IT WAS now the next day and I could barely get any sleep last night. Because, of Jungkook and I's argument. But, can I even call it that? He was so calm and I was a crying-emotional mess. Did I overreact? I asked myself as I looked down on my feet and sighed. I was currently at our company's cafeteria, waiting for the coffee dispenser to make my caffeine and fill up my cup below. I looked up at the machine, wondering why it was taking so long. I was starting to get impatient so my fingers started tapping on the marble surface of the table. "That dispenser is malfunctioning. I suggest you not to waste your time waiting for it to make your coffee."

I heard a familiar voice talk from a distance, accompanied by the clanking of heels on the hard floor. I looked to my right and saw Tina walking in my direction, a cup of coffee in her left hand. Her usual confident aura radiating from afar. I find it very amusing how even after what she's been through, she still manages to walk like that. Something that I lack and need to improve on. "Oh, is it? I wasn't aware." I said as I caressed my nape, feeling awkward. "You weren't aware?" Christina asked as she walked past me. I only nodded as a response.

"But there's literally a sign here?" She said as she tapped the table's surface. I looked down at her hand... And there was in fact a sign that said, 'Please don't use. It is unable to function properly right now' I only smiled awkwardly at my stupidness. Meanwhile, Tina looked at me with a concerned look on her face. "Is there something troubling you?" She asked after she took the last sip of her coffee. Then, putting down the empty cup on the table. Am I that easy to read? Or is she just that good at reading people?

"I'm fine. Just had a lack of sleep." Well, it is true. But that is only one-fourth of the reason why I couldn't get any sleep last night. Though, Tina didn't seem to buy what I said as she continued to look at me while tapping her heels repeatedly on the glass floor. "Is it because of Jungkook?" She asked yet again. Turning her whole body in my direction. "Well, something does feel missing without him here. We all have grown comfortable with his presence, so that's understandable."

Tina added as she looked down at her feet, looking very sad all of the sudden. "Will you miss him?" I asked as I let my bum get in contact with the edge of the table, placing my hands behind me to support my figure. "When he goes back to Korea?" I added as I started fiddling with my fingers. Tina turned to look at me again, after hearing my full question. I saw her crack a grin from my peripheral vision. "Of course, I will and I'm sure Taehyung feels the same." After Tina had answered my question, silence ensued.

Though, it wasn't uncomfortable. It was oddly comforting. Maybe it's because, we feel reassured that we aren't the only ones who will be missing Jungkook. "How rude of me to ask you a question. But, not answer yours." I said, breaking the silence between us as I stood up straight again.

"Jungkook and I fought last night," I said, starting to play with my fingers again. Tina didn't say anything and just nodded as a response. So, I took that as the cue to continue. "I was very emotional last night... After I realized, that he will be leaving me. I was feeling a load of emotions that it was becoming overwhelming. Sad, frustrated, worried, and scared. It was all too much for me to handle."

The corners of my eyes were starting to get wet again. I promised myself, that I wouldn't break down at work and that I would stay professional. But, here I am instead about to cry my eyes out in broad daylight. "And top of all that... I'm so confused about our relationship. Yeah, we like each other. B-but where does that put us? He hasn't even asked me out yet!"

My eyes widened after hearing my voice being louder than usual. I covered my mouth with both my hands, in shock. Christina, herself looked taken aback by my sudden outburst. "I-I... I'm sorry, I got too immersed in my emotions... I didn't mean-" I wasn't able to finish what I was saying when Christina held both of my shoulders and shook me.

"Hey, hey! Why are you apologizing? Relah, it is ok to shout or express how we feel. We are human after all." I wasn't able to respond as I only stared back at her concerned pupils looking at my watery ones. "I understand where you're coming from. Because I, would get confused and frustrated too if I were you." I wiped the tears rolling down my cheeks as I continued to listen to her.

"Really?"

"Yes, Erelah. But, that's only our perspective. It is only what we feel. We should consider what the guy thinks too. Maybe, Jungkook just wants to take it slow. If this situation is really bothering you. Then, go talk to him... When you aren't clouded by your own emotions, so that you can consider and understand both of your point of views."

_____________
ERELAH'S P.O.V

Tina's words have been echoing in my mind since earlier. Her words just really stuck to me. Why does it feel like... She understands Jungkook more than I do? But then, have I tried to understand Jungkook?

I asked myself as the cars in front of me came to a stop, their back and front lights turning red. I buried my right hand in my hair and started ruffling its strands. "How can I be that inconsiderate?" To say that I was disappointed with myself was an understatement. How will I initiate a conversation with him... After all that I have said?

Ugh! I shouldn't be thinking about this while I'm driving. Getting involved in a car accident is not in one of my plans this year.

After a few minutes of driving through the city to get to my house, I finally arrived at my humble abode. Feeling rather lifeless. I don't want to open that door... I'm afraid that if I get to see Jungkook's face I will only feel more guilty, than I already am.

But it's inevitable. If I want to keep avoiding him... I can't, that's not how we resolve this problem. But, at the same time, I don't really feel like talking right now.

I opened my house's front door and I could already hear footsteps coming my way. Which made me sigh. I passed by the door and started taking off my shoes and as I was standing up, I caught a glimpse of a shadow a few steps away from me.

There he was, standing in front me and for the first time today, our eyes met. We just stood there like statues, frozen into place. I could see his mouth shutting and closing. I knew he wanted to talk... But I just looked away and walked past him, however, before I entered my room. I stopped in my tracks and said, "Goodnight, Jungkook."

"