- 28

CH 28: A New Obstacle____________________

____________________

A WEEK HAS PASSED

ERELAH AND Jungkook's boss looked at their interlocked hands, looking very surprised, to say the least. Her eyes were as wide as saucers, mouth hanging open that a fly can enter inside and explore the crevices of her trachea. She was fortunate enough that her office was a closed-off space. "I guess, love bloomed in our company huh?" She asked as her eyes met with Jungkook and Erelah's, resting her back on her chair as she did.

Upon hearing what their boss said. The two of them tried their best to keep the feeling of their heart fluttering to themselves. Which caused their boss to let out an amused chuckle, noticing their very obvious reaction. But soon got back to her intimidating, and self shrinking aura as she asked, "Well, now that's beside the point. Why did you want to meet me?"

Their boss asked with her body now leaning forward as she rested her elbows on her table's wooden surface. "I doubt, that it's to announce that you two got into a relationship? Because, I, wouldn't care-but! if it starts interfering with your work, that's a different story." Their boss gave them a warning, which certainly intimidated Erelah, but Jungkook on the other hand, only let out a chuckle.

"You wouldn't have to worry about us causing trouble, boss-" Jungkook stated as he let go of Erelah's hands, temporarily. He then opened the zipper of his handbag and got out a single white envelope. That their boss was already familiar with. Their boss's eyes widened upon realization.

Jungkook started walking towards her desk and laid the white envelope on its surface, the color of white and brown contrasting each other. Their boss looked at Jungkook first before dragging the envelope to herself. "-because, I am afraid, that I have to resign." Jungkook continued, when their boss has already opened the envelope. She didn't respond for a few seconds as she red what was on the letter of resignation.

"So, you're going back to Korea?" She asked, sliding the paper back on the envelope as she laid it on top of the table again. "Yes, I am afraid I have to." Upon hearing Jungkook's answer, their boss looked at Erelah, who was now staring at the floor although, nothing was interesting on it. A sigh left their boss's lips as she thought, I wonder how the two of them will handle being in a long-distance relationship?

___________

The door to Erelah's house opened, and there came in Erelah and Jungkook. Erelah lazily took off her shoes, using her feet. She looked towards her bedroom door, with a frown on her lips. Meanwhile, Jungkook closed the door behind him and started taking off his shoes too. His eyes set on Erelah's back, wondering why the girl suddenly looked gloomy.

He felt worried as she wasn't like this earlier. He then stood up and walked towards her, and once he was close to her, enough to smell the shampoo that she used earlier, he engulfed her into a tight hug as he nuzzled his nose on her right shoulder. "Is there a problem?" Jungkook asked, his head rolling through Erelah's shoulder as he turned to look at her.