-33

listen to "always you" instrumental by leeSA

The inevitable is finally here. The day that I never wished would come is finally here as we passed through the road that was free of any traffic. Today is the day that Jungkook is leaving. With him by my side, as well as Christina and Taehyung, who were at the back because they insisted on accompanying me since they wanted to see Jungkook off as well.

Which I appreciated. I need a shoulder to cry on. Once, Jungkook had already boarded the plane. I looked at him through his reflection in the mirror, and I swear, every time I look at him, I can already feel the tears threatening to fall from my eyes. I was restraining my emotions. I can't cry while driving. My sight will get blurry and I don't want to get into a car crash. Then I suddenly felt a hand on my thigh. I looked down for a few moments before shifting my gaze to my side.

Jungkook was caressing my thigh in an attempt to comfort me, and I let him do just that because I wouldn't be able to feel it for a long time. He smiled at me, and for the first time, I didn't feel like smiling when I saw his. I wanted to stop this car and turn it the other way back to our house, but I knew it was wrong. Therefore, I forced myself to smile back. I hope it somehow looks sincere.

"You better not forget us." Taehyung joked, attempting to lighten the atmosphere. But it barely did anything. It was so thick to cut through that it barely grazed the surface. However, Jungkook chuckled at his statement and said, "The same could be said to you." Jungkook joked as well. "Oh, we couldn't even if we wanted to." Christina joined the conversation with a smile as she looked at Taehyung. "Right Taehyung?" She asked as she nudged his shoulder. "Hundred Percent!" Taehyung's face lit up as his boxy smile appeared, adding a thumbs up to further exaggerate his response. Making the three of us laugh out loud.

"I'll take that as a compliment," Jungkook said after the laughter had dissipated.

The heavy atmosphere was no longer there. The four of us successfully pushed it away with ebullience. Pretending it was never there in the first place.

_____________________

We finally arrived at the airport. The three of them suddenly went silent. It is like they were hit by the realization once again, that this is it. Jungkook's leaving, and we can't do anything about it.