- 32

ERELAH'S P

ERELAH'S P.O.V

After Jungkook and I reconciled, both of us spent our days normally, but happier. Though I have been hating waking up these past few days because that means I have to leave him. I wish I could trade off my work hours to be with him instead. But I knew that was impossible. Very impossible.

Nevertheless, I still have my friends at work. Namely: Taehyung and Christina. Their presence is enough to cheer me up while I'm at work. They do get emotional, like me, at work, though. But not quite as often. It's because they're still not used to the fact that Jungkook doesn't work here anymore.

One time, the new intern at our office was giving out coffee. Naturally, she gave one to Christina too, since she's also an employee. As the intern gave her, her coffee, she received it without glancing at her. Because she was typing something down on her computer, and since Tina is a decent human being, she expressed her gratitude, but to the wrong person. "Thank you, Jungkook." That's what she said. I remember the office going silent as soon as she mentioned his name, and I could still picture the expression on the intern's face. Her forehead creased as her eyes squinted, followed by her correcting Tina.

"Ummm, miss? I'm ___" It felt like I was in a comedy skit the entire time as I watched Tina slowly turn her head towards the intern and once she was able to take in and realize that she had just referred to the wrong person, her eyes widened, and in a matter of seconds, she was out of her chair apologizing relentlessly.

The other day, the three of us were at the cafeteria. Peacefully eating our meal amidst the chatter of people, with a touch of laughter blending in as the sound of footsteps accompanied it. Then, Taehyung suddenly broke the silence at our table. "You know, I miss Jungkook very much." He started, which Christina and I agreed upon as we responded with a nod as our mouths were still filled with food. We both looked at him as he devoured the last of his egg roll and waited for him to finish his sentence.

"But I just can't seem to comprehend that a well-known author in Korea was an intern at our company, an intern who was giving out coffee." He stated, adding more emphasis on the last sentence. "Well, I can still remember how shocked I was when I saw him at work for the first time," I added after taking a sip of my water. Christina then raised her hand and said, "Which was my doing." We all then burst into a fit of laughter.