Chapter 7

[Louis]

I woke up Saturday morning before my alarm went off at 8:00 am. I'm not sure if my mom has left for work yet, I don't even know if she made it home yesterday. 

I wish she was home more often, I know she works at the hospital but I feel like she likes being at the hospital more than she likes being home with me. She probably doesn't love me very much anymore, I mean she barely talks to me, she only talks to me when she is at home, and that is not very often, and she rarely texts me, she probably doesn't care about me anymore, I mean why would she, look at her son, her son is the kid who doesn't look good, the kid that nobody likes, the kid that hurts himself because he doesn't feel like anyone cares and that is the only thing that he can control. 

I stop my thoughts before I end up in a downward spiral of overthinking and head out of my room to see if my mom is home. I walk to her bedroom and no one was there, I go down to the kitchen no one there, I lastly check the living room and she was not there, that means she is at work and she didn't even text me telling me she wouldn't be coming home today. I don't think she cares about me enough to tell me she isn't going to be home that night. 

Before I could think of anything else I heard a ding coming from my phone, I pull my phone up in front of my face to see what the notification was, it was a text. It read.

"Good morning Lou! I'm not sure if you're awake yet but I am so I wanted to say good morning:)" I smile at the text and quickly reply. 

"Good morning Haz! And yes I am up haha."  I sent the text and not even a minute later Harry replied.

"Um, I was wondering if you wanted to watch my football game today?" Harry played football, I didn't take any interest in it. I knew he played football but I never cared about his practices or games, I mean why should I. I don't know if I should go, I don't really like the game, but if I don't go he is going to hate me, and I don't want him to hate me, which means I have to go. 

"Ya sure, what time is it"  I walk to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I place my phone on the counter and I go to the cabinet to get a bowl. Before I can even open the cabinet my phone goes off and I walk back to it. It was another text from Harry

"It starts at 10:00, I can pick you up at 9:00 if you want"  I look towards the stove and the time read 8:00 am I look back at my phone and text a reply.

"Okay, I'll see you at 9:00" 

"Okay! Bye"

"Bye" 

I have an hour before Harry will pick me up. Why am I so nervous, I mean it's just Harry, he is just a friend that has asked me to go to his football game. 

...

I spent the last hour trying to pick out what to wear, I felt the need to wear something I thought looked good. After I finished getting dressed I heard a knock on the door,  I walk downstairs and to the front door. Before I answer the door I put my shoes on. I finally open the door and Harry was standing on the porch looking down at his feet. I smile at him for a second, he looks nervous, he looks cute when he's nervous.

"Hey Haz" Harry looks up and smiles

"Hey Lou, you look nice" He takes a look at me from head to toe. I start to get self-conscience and I wrap my arms around my torso,

"Thanks" I start to feel my cheeks heat up. I look down at the ground and smile. 

"Are you ready to go?" I look back up at Harry and he is still smiling