[̲̅s][̲̅e][̲̅v][̲̅e][̲̅n][̲̅t][̲̅e][̲̅e][̲̅n] - thank you for holding me

tw: mentions of self harm

crossroads reached 3k ! woohoo !! dont forget to vote !

searing pain.

searing pain in my back shoots me back into reality, and i open my eyes, the sound of the train chugging away filling my ears. my eyes land on the train, going at its same steady pace, without us on it.

then i realize that billie's in my arms.

i quickly search her head for any blood or wounds, and sigh in relief when i see none. she's still breathing, so i tilt her chin up with my fingers, looking at her face. she's hyperventilating, with her eyes screwed shut, her fingers tightly clutching my shirt.

"billie." i whisper, ignoring the pain in my back. billie's still hyperventilating, and shaking slightly, her eyelids still tightly pressed together.

"billie." i say a bit louder this time, shaking her. she opens her eyes, and looks up at me, her eyes widening.

"we're- we're not dead?" she asks, in a voice quieter than a whisper. i shake my head, "no, we're not dead. we made it, just like i said we would." i look down at her arms, seeing a few scrapes on them. "are you hurt?" i ask, "besides the cuts and scrapes, i mean." she shakes her head. "no, i'm fine."

i sit up, bringing billie with me, taking in a deep breath. i look around me, taking in our surroundings, seeing a few buildings in the near distance, and the sounds of traffic.

"thank fuck we're near a city, and not in a forest or something." i sigh in relief, running a hand through my hair. "we don't have a long way to walk until we reach civilization. are you sure you aren't hurt?"

she shakes her head.

"what about you?" she asks.

suddenly the pain in my back comes back full force, actually making me stumble a little, and i take in a deep breath in an attempt not to let out any sounds of pain. "yeah, on my back." billie walks behind me and lifts up my shirt, pulling her phone out from her backpack and turning on the flashlight, gasping as soon as she does. "holy shit dude, you have a big ass gash on your back! what happened?"

"i hit a part of the track." i shrug. "how bad is it?"

"really bad. i can see some white meat."

i suck my teeth in annoyance, rolling my eyes at myself. "whatever, i'll be fine, let's go."

"no, we're not going." she says, dropping her backpack and unzipping it, digging around in it until she pulls out a first aid kit. without a word, she douses the gash in alcohol. the stinging sensation is more than i can handle, and i bite my bottom lip, tasting blood quickly after. billie dabs at the gash with a cotton pad, then wraps gauze around me, tightening it before closing it up. she packs up her first aid kit and puts her backpack back on her shoulders, nodding her head. "now we can go."