[̲̅f][̲̅o][̲̅u][̲̅r] - partners in crime

"i'll race you." jahseh says, nodding to the open field in front of us.

we're at our second - and last - stop of the day, and i suggested that we get out and stretch our legs.

"how far are we going?" i ask. "that spotlight." jahseh nods to it. "bet." i get in a starter position, and so does he.

"three." he begins.

"two." i continue.

"one." he gears himself up.

"go!" we both shout at the same time. jahseh and i take off running, the wind rushing in our faces and the smell of the grass contributing to the adrenaline in our blood.

i laugh loudly as him and i speed through the field, almost neck and neck. 

"get back, loser! i'mma win." jahseh shouts as he inches past me.

"oh hell no." i mumble to myself, now sprinting as fast as i can. i catch back up to jahseh. him and i run past the spotlight at the same time, then collapse onto the ground in exhaustion, laying somewhat on top of each other. i laugh through my gasps of air, running a hand through my wind-whipped hair.

"that was the most fun i've had in a while." i admit, looking at jahseh. he stares right back at me with a smile on his face. "true, that was really fun. you do realize that neither of us won, right?" he says with a smirk.

"neither of us won, my ass." i say, getting up from the ground, and brushing myself off. "i clearly won that shit." i hold my hand out to jahseh to help him up, and he takes it, pulling himself up off the ground.

"sure princess, keep believing that if you want to." he shoots me a wink, then starts walking back towards the dormant train. i scramble to catch up to him, walking in pace with his calm, but fast strides.

"slow down." i whine, but jahseh turns his head to me. "it's not my fault you have short legs." he shrugs. "i know, but damn, it feels like we just ran a mile and my legs are fucking exhausted." i gripe. jahseh sighs and stops in his tracks.

"get on my back." he says lowly. i stop as well and give him a questioning look. "what? are you su-"

"come on, before i change my mind." he groans softly. i sigh and get up onto his back, and jahseh props me up, gripping my thighs with his huge hands, the action being enough to make me feel butterflies down there.

"you're light, like i expected." he says, starting to walk again.

i tighten my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder.

the sun's rays scream at us from above, as the cool summer wind reinforces the heat.

"i'm tired." jahseh says quietly. i pick my head up from his shoulder. "should we take a nap when we get to the train?" jahseh nods his head at my suggestion. "that sounds great."

after a few more minutes, we arrive at the train. jahseh climbs into the car - with me on my back, might i remind you - and breathes a sigh of relief.

"thank god, we're finally here." he says, letting me down. i nod and stretch a bit, before heading to my duffel bag. i need to get out of these clothes, it's hot as fuck.

i grab what i need and look at jahseh to see him sat up against the wall, halfway through a family sized bag of chips.

how- when-

"you gonna keep staring?" he asks. i snap myself out of it and shake my head. "could you turn around for me? i have to change." jahseh nods his head and turns himself around, facing the wall. i take my clothes off and pull on shorts and a tank top.