chapter twenty four || halloween

M I G U E L

M I G U E L

HALLOWEEN PT. ONE

ANOTHER WIN! Guess Violet's bracelet was good luck after all. Glad I didn't give it back to her.

   She told me to wear it for my game against NY and I haven't took it off since. With everything that has been going on she must've also forgot about it.

   We played Boston U tonight and won. It was a close ass game though. Those fuckers are actually really good so they gave us a hard time.

   For the last three years Anthony Cole was our football captain and quarterback. He did such an amazing job at leading us to championships and so many guys got drafted, him included. He plays for the Baltimore, Ravens now.

When he left he chose me as the new captain. Gave me one hell of a speech about my leadership skills and how much potential I had to take the team to greatness. He believed in me and that meant a lot.

Which is also why my goal is not only to get drafted and the same for my team, but also to lead Calvary to another championship on my first year as captain.

   "Yo, Cruz," David shouts from across the locker room.

   "Wussup?"

   "My girl's homegirl was asking to meet you."

   My brows shoot up. Out of everything I thought he was going to say to me, that was not it.

   "Whoo!" I hear behind me.

   "Tell her too late." Noah comes up from behind me and taps on my shoulder. "My boy, cuffed."

   A few guys laugh and some hoot. David just looks puzzled.

   "For real?" David asks.

   I laugh. "I'm with someone."

   "Finally!" I hear Max shout.

   "Oh shit. Well that's badass." David adds. "Lot's of girls gon be unhappy out here."

   "True." I say playfully and laugh.

   Who was I kidding? I damn well knew that I lost complete interest in every other girl except for V. So, this morning while we were in the shower, I asked her to make it official between us. That's not how I originally planned to do it but I got nervous and during sex with her is usually when I'm more in control of myself.