Chapter 37; Recovering

~
12 hours finally passed which seemed like 12 decades. Both of us were eagerly waiting for the punishment to get over.

We both hadn't eaten since 12 hours but that was our least concern at the moment.

John did ask me to have something as he thought that I would be hungry, but I just simply denied.

After 1 hour of beatings, 3 bulky men came out of the cell, looking at their abs and biceps made us worry more.

I hope he is ok...

Both of us kept looking at our wrist watches for the time to pass but that wasn't happening.

Uncle James was as worried as we were at the moment. He kept looking towards the clock hung on a nearby wall.

12 hours finally passed, which felt like forever, and we were told to take him with us. We both rushed through that dark path and stood outside the cell. A security guard was following us who held the keys firm in his hands.

As he opened the door, there was complete darkness with a little bit of light.

I was numb when I saw him in that state, and so was John.

He was sitting on the floor, hugging his knees, he looked at the door when he heard the door opening. He was looking too weak. He had lost a lot of blood. His forehead was wounded including the side of his lips and nose.

He had been beaten brutally.

I kneeled beside him with tears threatening to fall down.

"You could've asked me once." I said looking into his eyes.

...
We both took him to a nearby hospital immediately.

As we reached the hospital he was taken for the dressing.

"Daisy Taylor?" I heard my name being called, I looked around to find a white coated man looking around

" That's me." I said, standing up and going towards him.

" How's he doctor? " I asked anxiously, waiting for a reply in return.

" He is Ok. Nothing much to worry. Just some bruises here and there. You guys can meet him. " I was so relieved. I looked beside me to find John with a relieved smile.

" Anyone of you please come and complete the formalities. " the doctor said with a small smile on his face.

" I gotta go and do the formalities. You go and meet him." John spoke heading towards the room.

I opened the door to find him sitting on the bed and looking outside the window. He turned to look at me when he heard the door opening.

His head was bandaged and he was snuggled up in a blanket. He had a small smile on his face which widened when he looked at me.

I sat down on a chair which was kept near the bed.

" How are you feeling? " I asked, feeling a bit worried.

" Feeling better now." he said giving me a heartwarming smile which didn't fail to melt my heart quicker than an ice cream.

" They beat you brutally. Didn't they? " I said still looking at those wounds.

" They did, but it's worth it." he said holding my hands and pressing them a little.

He is right though. I was happy that he won't work as a mafia now. I was glad that his uncle didn't give him a punishment that would end his life.