Chapter 22; It'll End Soon

Is it always that bad?
You won't know until you actually try...

~

I looked up and saw Henry's dad and another guy, probably the same age as me walk in.

He was tall and good looking and smiled after looking at Mr. Brown.

Do they know each other?

I looked at Henry, thinking he'd know who this guy is but he looked as confused as me.

"Hey, any idea who this is?" I whispered to him. He shook his head as a no.

"Who's this?" And here I thought Mr. Brown knew...

"He's my son."

Wait...what?

Henry has a brother? Is he seeing him for the first time?

I looked at him but he was already looking away from everyone, even Mr. Brown.

"He came here to meet Henry." His dad said with a fake smile.

Henry looked at both of them with a disgusted face and rolled his eyes.

Wow this family...what's wrong with all of them!?

"Hey, come on! I know you hate me but I really wanna talk to you." He said, pouting.

"I don't hate you, I've got more important work to do. I'm literally seeing your face for the first time."
Henry sounded angry.

His brother sighed and stared at Henry blankly while Henry kept looking away.

What is this weird situation?

I looked at Mr. Brown with hopeful eyes, hoping he'll do something and he understood.

"Stop acting like a kid." He said, side eyeing Henry.

"Anyways, what's your name?" He moved his gaze to Henry's brother.

"Rian"

Henry snickered and looked up and faced Rian with a slight smile for the first time.

I was confused. Mr. Brown was confused. His dad was annoyed. And Rian was looking right at Henry, kinda aware of what was happening.

What is this situation again? Can something be normal here?

"Okay now let's just talk real quick." Mr. Brown said, changing the subject.

Everyone nodded and sat down around the couch with Mr. Brown in the middle.

"See, as you know, we've found the fingerprints and I was asked to give the fingerprints of the one and only suspect we have as of now, who is Henry. And you can be relieved now cause they don't match. The fingerprints on the pen are loops and Henry's fingerprints are arches."

Loops and arches? Oh yeah I have read about them.
Finally, I feel I'm doing something in life...

"And yes, Mr. William. The rival of yours, I want you to meet him and talk to him about this. Ask him to surrender already and if he doesn't, you just have to tell me, and your work is done."

He gave him a quick nod.

Rian was still here, listening to everything but he wasn't really listening. He didn't seem to pay much attention.

"Don't worry anymore. At least we have this proof. We are gonna find the other ones as well. I have to go now. I've got lots to do on this. Some attorneys have already started contacting me, thinking this case will go further but I hope it doesn't." He passed a smile to Henry and walked out with his assistants.