15. Piero's P.o.V.

I had a hard time controlling Ignazio not saying anything to anyone. Though I felt bad, too, because our two closest people, who were meant to be together and already started to get closer, now were quickly falling apart. Ignazio and I ran through different scenarios and planned reasons for them to meet, but we were scared to act. Both had made us promise not to tell anything to the other one. Besides, if Charlie had already forgotten him by now, we would get in trouble. We should have told them earlier!

She would be back in three days. We would all meet. How is she going to avoid him? And how is he going to cope with it? This week, which she had been away, he was again in his reflective mood. Gianluca didn't talk much, didn't smile a lot and he hadn't touched the piano once.

***

We were recording at the studio and it was Gianluca's turn. He had sung half of his part, but then he suddenly stormed out of the recording booth and ran out. Ignazio and I followed him and found him sobbing on the stairs.

"Gianluca, what's the matter?", we asked him worried and sat down around him. I put my hand on his back and patted him. After a few moments he started talking with a trembling voice:

"I can't take it anymore. It started so good! What did I do wrong?! I tried to forget, but these songs... Every song I sing, I sing for her! There is no happy ending. I can't!"

I looked at Ignazio. His eyes were begging me to say, but I shook my head. We hadn't talked to Charlie much the last days, as she had been working the whole time, so we didn't know about her feelings and what had or hadn't changed.

"Gianluca, I promise you, we will find a solution", I said, "Let's go home now and calm down."

When we arrived at our shared place, Gianluca went to shower and Ignazio and I had the chance to talk. Before he could start arguing, I said:

"We're calling her tonight."