Chapter 7: Double Blessings Part 2 🎄⛄

December 24, 2005

                   ⛄⛄ Aunt Mia's Pov 🎄🎄

It's Christmas Eve. I'm making a cup of hot coco for myself on the stove. The aroma just melts you on the inside. It’s been a long cold day. I need to wrap everyone’s presents. Once my coco is done I walk into the living room to place it on the table. I grab the tape, and scissors from the drawers under the coffee table. The presents and wrapping paper are in the hall closet. I grab them and lay everything down on the floor in front of my tv. I reach for the remote to turn on It's a Wonderful Life on my TV. I get settled on the floor to start wrapping the presents. Time flies by me and I’m almost finished. Just as I'm placing tape on the last present my phone rings. I glance at the time with the clock on the wall beside me.

I can’t believe it's already close to midnight. Who would be calling this late on Christmas Eve? I get up off the floor to grab my phone. it's Clark calling. I hope everything is okay. I answer the phone, "Hello Sweet Pea, Merry". Just as I was about to finish my sentence Clark interrupts me and says in a panicky voice " Aunt Mia you need to come quick! Sang's water just broke!" I almost dropped the phone when he said that. She wasn't due for another week. "Are you there Aunt Mia?" "Yes Sweet Pea I'm here. I will be there as fast as I can. I love you Sweet Pea"
" I love you too Aunt Mia. Oh, before you come could you call or text everyone to let them know what's going on?" "Yes Sweet Pea I can do that." I hang up the phone and run to grab my jacket, shoes, and my keys.

I make a group text with Lex, Chloe, Lois, and Pete. "Sang's water broke. I'm heading over there now. Get there as soon as possible. Pete we will keep you posted. Everyone please be safe." I put my jacket and my shoes on and ran out the door.

                      ⛄⛄Lex's Pov🎄🎄

I stretch my back to help release the knots. I’ve been sitting at my desk for awhile now. It’s Christmas Eve and I want to get all of my paperwork finished. Tomorrow I can be with my family Clark and everyone.

I refocus back on my documents running numbers and statistics in my head. There’s a knock on the door to my office. I look up to find the maid Massie bringing in the tray of coffee and some cookies.

I smile at her, " thank you Massie. Tell the rest of the staff You can all go home for the night. I’ll be fine. You all can have the rest of the week off as well. Go have fun with your families!"
She gives me a big smile and curtsy  "Thank you so much Mr. Luther. I’ll tell everyone right away. We hope you have a Merry Christmas Mr. Luther," she tells me. “ Merry Christmas to y’all as well. Oh see Sebastian before all of you leave.

I’m giving Christmas bonus to everyone for all the hard work you have done. Thank you for everything all you do for me.” The maid leaves to find Sebastian my butler along with everyone else. I get up to get a cup of coffee and a few cookies.

I think I need a change of seating to help motivate me to finish my paperwork.  I move to go and sit on the couch and start to finish up everything. Time flies by with no more cookies and the coffee gone as well.

Just as I finished the last of the paperwork for the night my phone buzzes. I reach for my phone from the coffee table in front of me. I glance at the time on my phone. It's just about midnight.
I fip my phone open and see it's a text from Aunt Mia. I scroll to open it. "Sang's water broke. I'm heading over there now. Get there as soon as possible. Pete we will keep you posted. Everyone please be careful."
I can’t believe it. I’m about to be an uncle. I have to hurry. I toss the paperwork on the side of the couch. I hurry to text  " I'm heading that way now". I get up and run to get my keys, jacket, and shoes. I can’t stop smiling. It’s the greatest Christmas present for everyone. I put on my shoes and jacket. The keys are in my hand while I run out the door. I’m going to be an uncle.