Chapter 6: Recovery and Surprise part 1

( I am not a doctor, I got the information from Google)

Earth April 2nd, 2005

                             Clark's Pov.

I set an alarm on the alarm clock by the bed for four hours. The curtains will need to be closed when the alarm goes off. The rays from the sun are shining all over Sang’s body. This is the best room to have her in. I start moving the rocking chair beside her back and forth. The urge to reach out and touch my baby sister is strong. It’s hard to believe she’s here. I need to calm the emotions roaring inside and just to know she’s real. I reach out to engulf her small delicate hand in mine. My thumb rubs across the back of her hand in small circular motions. I heard somewhere that if you talk to someone in a coma that they can still hear you.

I don't know if she's in a coma but, hopefully talking to her will help. So, I tell her about my life, family, friends, and her room that mom and Aunt Mia decorated for her. I even laugh a little and tell her if there's anything she doesn't like about the room. She can change it to whatever she wants, and mom and Aunt Mia will be happy to decorate with her. I tighten my hand around hers. “You need to wake up soon baby sister because; there's a whole bunch of people here that are worried about you. They are also excited to meet you.”

I continue back making circular motions with my thumb on her hand. I then start telling her about Lois, Chloe's cousin. How Lois can be so annoying and that she calls me Smallville. She acts like I’m some country bumpkin and she's some high-class city girl. I explain how Lois always thinks she’s right about everything, when suddenly, the alarm goes off. I get up to close the curtain to get her out of the sun. The alarm is reset for four hours again. “I’ll be right back baby sister. I need to go check on mom and dad.”

I move towards the door so that way I can go see what's going on. I look back at Sang before walking through the doorway. She looks so much better then when I first brought her home. I’m trying to hold back the tears. The memory from how bad she looked when I found her is breaking me. But I need to be strong for her. I wipe away the tears before they can shed then walk out the door to go downstairs.

When I get downstairs, I'm surprised to see Aunt Mia sitting at the kitchen table with mom and dad. She notices me before mom and dad does. Aunt Mia gets up from her chair to rush over to me. She throws her arms around me to give me a hug. I squeeze her gently to not hurt her with my strength. We go and sit down at the table. I look at Aunt Mia, “not that I'm not happy to see you. But I thought you weren't coming over here until Sunday.” Aunt Mia gives me a soft smile, “well I wanted to come over to meet my new niece.”

She looks around the room like she's looking for Sang. “Well, where is she? I'm so excited to meet her,” Aunt Mia tells me. When she says that I start to feel sad again. Mom is trying not to cry in front of us. Dad wraps his arms around mom.  Aunt Mia must notice our reactions and the emotions on our faces. She is looking at me with a worried face, “what’s wrong? Where is your sister Clark?”

The tears from before resurfaced in my eyes. I close my eyes to hold it in, but one slips out my eyes. It just rolls down my face and I hear my aunt’s gasps. I know more are to come once I replay what happened to Sang. I feel the wind move by me and arms surround my body. I’m taller than my aunt but at this moment I feel like a lost little boy. I bend my head down to her shoulder as the tears start to flow. She rubs my back in soothing circles. I gather a little strength while having my head on her shoulder.

I say, “Sang was attacked before I got to the Phantom Zone.” Aunt Mia instantly stops rubbing my back and her whole body stiffens. She just holds me as I explain how I found her, me bringing her to earth, and Jor-El scanning Sang for injuries. I had to gather a breath and release before giving the worst of it. I finally tell her that Sang was raped. I can feel my aunt’s body shaking with each news given, but the last one her legs gave out from under her. I used my strength to hold her up. I lean back to look at her. She had tears rolling down her face.