The First Task

We got to the place where they were setting up the first task and Ginny went and talked to Charlie ,one of her brothers, who was one of the dragon handlers. I joined everyone in the Hogwarts stands waiting for the task to start. The commentator, Ludo Bagman, informed us that the champions must retrieve a golden egg that holds a clue to the second task amongst real eggs with a dragon guarding them. Fleur was fighting the Common Welsh Green Dragon, Viktor the Chinese Fireball, Cedric a Swedish Short-Snout, and Harry a Hungarian Horntail. When each dragon came out everyone was so scared but I found them beautiful and harmless beasts. Viktor used a Conjunctivitis Charm, Fleur a Sleep Spell, Cedric used a Transfiguration Charm on a rock and Harry and his trusty broom. Of course Harry won with his expert brooms-man ship but if Viktor hadn't caused his dragon to smash the eggs I think he would've won! 

Later on Viktor met me on the Quidditch pitch to open the egg.

"I've waited for so long Mel! Everyone's been bugging me to open it up and I struggled to think of excuses." Viktor told me.

"I'm surprised you still remember our secret codes!" I said in shock.

"How could I forget!" Viktor laughed.

"What are you waiting for? Open it up then!" I prompted.

The egg gave an almighty screech and only a skilled witch or wizard will know what the creature is that beholds this voice.

"My god! What the hell is that?" Viktor shouted over the scream while shutting it.

"After all I have taught you can't remember this?" I said surprised.

"Well, you have told me so many things its a miracle I remember so much!" Viktor said.

"It's a mermaid's voice so to hear it you have to put it in water to hear the song." I told him.

"The Lake's just over there so what are we waiting for!"  Viktor called back to me as he ran.

"Hey! Wait for me!" I called as I chased after him with the heavy egg under my arm.

I was miles behind him and I could barely talk when I got to the lake.

"What kept you slow-coach?" Viktor joked.

"What do you think?" I replied whilst I chucked the clue at him.

Viktor placed it under the water and opened it up. The song was beautiful but confusing as it was a riddle. 

The egg said, "Come seek us where our voices sound, We cannot sing above the ground, And while your searching ponder this, We've taken what you sorely miss, An hour long you have to look, And to recover what we took, But past the hour the prospects black, Too late it's gone it won't come back."

"What do you think it means?" I asked Viktor.

"Clearly we have an hour to look for something we will miss but what has that got to do with mermaids?" Viktor thought.

"I've got it!," I leapt up," They keep referring as they took it and to hear the clue we have to put it under water so what you'll sorely miss will be hidden in the Black Lake as that's where the mermaids live!"

"Your a genius! But what is it the Champions will sorely miss? It can't be a person though, can it?" Viktor wondered.

"If it is a person then I'm sure Dumbledore will put a charm on them so they won't drown." I reassured him.

"Right. Well if I have to swim to the bottom then we have to think of a way I won't drown." Viktor said.

"You can transfigure the upper half of the body to resemble a shark." I proposed.

"That should work. If it wasn't for you I'd probably wouldn't've figured this out that fast." Viktor smiled. 

"Stop it Vik! Your making me blush!" I said pushing him.