By The Forest

After the Ball I snuck out to sit by the Care of Magical Creatures part of the Forbidden Forest. I enjoy the tranquillity and calmness of the moon, stars and the animals. I was rocking a young Bowtruckle to sleep when I heard a twig snap metres behind me. I slowly turned round hoping it was just a creature but I saw a silhouette of a person standing there, I couldn't see who they were as something was covering them. In a panic I fumbled for my wand clutching the sleeping infant close to me in case the figure was a threat. I stumbled out a "Revilio"  as I was out of breath from the fumbling. My wand hand was trembling even though the spell revealed he was a student from the Ball as he still had his suit on. It took me a few moments to click.

"N...Neville is that you?" I asked warry he could be a danger.

"Yes Mel it's me. Don't be scared." He reassured sitting down on a rock.

"Oh my goodness! You scared the living daylights out of me!" Releasing a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"I was about to declare myself but the twig did it for me," Neville smirked," What's that your holding?" 

"It's a sleeping Bowtruckle." I said putting it back in it's tree.

"You really love these animals don't you?" Neville asked.

"I do love them, they're so peaceful and beautiful." I replied sitting beside him.

"That's how I feel when I'm with plants," Neville said looking at the stars," And when I'm with you."

"W...What?" I questioned this shocking statement.

"Ever since I first talked to you by the Lake I feel in love with everything about you. I was planning to ask you to the Yule Ball when you was teaching me to dance. I even had your favourite plant too but when Viktor came my chance had gone. Of course I was gutted when he asked you, quite upset actually."

I was in pure shock. I didn't know what to say or do especially as he shuffled closer to me and brushed my hair out of my face. I wanted to stop I really did but it happened so fast I couldn't. His lips touched mine and yes I may have kissed back but I was lost in the moment. My hand slipped on the rock and I fell on top of him. I got back to reality when I heard a familiar voice saying, "Neville, Melony. What the hell are you doing?!" The voice demanded.

"Viktor I..." I tried to explain whilst gathering myself together.

"No Melony! I came down here to see you because you normally go to somewhere you love after a big thing like this but I should've known Neville would be here. I suspected something was going with you two because Neville acted differently around you then when he wasn't. I never thought you were a cheat Melony but tonight you proved me wrong!" Viktor finished walking away.

"Viktor wait. Please! Come back! Viktor!" I hollered chasing after him but it was too late.

I wanted to break down then and there on the spot but I had to much pride so without a second look back at Neville and the dying shadow of Viktor I ran. I ran to the castle and bolted up the Great Staircase not caring if Mrs Norris or Filch catches me. Sprinted down the corridors and swiftly crept into the Ravenclaw Common Room before leaping into bed fully clothed. My pillow felt damp and I touched my eyes to see my fingers were glistening in the moon light.