The Second Task

That night I was asked to come with Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore I wouldn't've thought anyone noticed I'd gone except from a girl called Luna. She gets bullied for being different but she's kind and knows if something was wrong. Anyway I went down to the Black Lake where I met Ron, Fleur's little sister and Cho Chang. Professor McGonagall explained that the second task was for the Champions to swim to the bottom of the Lake and find us, the one's they have close to their hearts. Like I imagined they'll keep us here and before everyone arrives put a sedating charm on us and the mere people will take us to where we need to be. Dumbledore reassured we are in safe hands and if the Champions won't find us within the hour he'll retrieve us with 'Accio' the summoning charm. I guessed that Harry will be finding Ron, Fleur her sister and figured that Cedric will be finding Cho so Viktor must be finding me. I felt quite proud that I'm Viktor's loved one almost.

That morning we came out of the tent we slept in, got changed into our uniform to represent our schools and had a hearty brunch to take our minds of what was to come. Half an hour before the task was to start each headmaster and mistress came down to give a last minute briefing before being sedated. The last thing I remember hearing was the starting gong and the splash of the Champions then everything went black.  

I awoke with a tickle to the forehead and a splutter and choke to see a shark head transfiguring back into a wet Viktor Krum. There was a cheer and something warm and crinkly came over the top of me and Vik.

"Where, where am I? What happened?" I asked slightly delusional.

"Your at Hogwarts and have just been rescued by me." Viktor explained in his Bulgarian accent.

"Oh, oh yes I remember now!" I recalled slowly standing.

"Easy does it Mel that's it." Viktor said catching me as I fell.

"Thanks," I replied pulling the sheet over me and realised it was a thermal blanket, "Where's everyone else?"

"There still in the Lake. I won!" Viktor smiled.

Staff members ushered us into a resting tent away from the cold where we drank hot chocolate. By the time everyone was out me and Vik were warm and dry and standing with everyone else on the platform. Dumbledore announced the winners which was Viktor and Harry in joint 1st because he rescued Fleurs sister, Cedric 3rd and Fleur 4th.

Once Dumbledore finished speaking, Viktor put his wand to his throat and said, "Excuse me excuse me. May I have your attention please!"

There was a wave of hushing as the crowd settled back down.

"As you know in-between the next task is the Yule Ball and I know the most perfect person to ask. This girl is brave, kind, clever and all in all perfect. So Melony Malfoy will you go to the Yule Ball with me?" Viktor announced.

I was star struck! I did not know what to say or do but with a bit of stumbling I produced my wand and said," Yes Viktor Krum. Yes I will go to the Yule Ball with you!" I replied.

The crowd went crazy! The boys from Durmstrang cheered, the girls were spiteful, Bueaxbatons and Hogwarts cheered, particularly Ginny, Fred, George, Ron and Hermione. Viktor picked me up and twirled me around then looked down into my eyes and whispered, "I've always wanted to ask you to any ball, especially this one!" I giggled and slowly he started leaning further and further down, gently brushing away a lock of wet hair and for the first time in a while he tenderly kissed me and I did back.