feel the night

you walked into the dojo with hawk and tory right behind you, taking off their shoes. you were laughing, but your laughter immediately stopped when you saw him.

"what the hell are you doing here?" you yelled out, storming up to the boy. rage was evident in your voice and it caused hawk and tory to quickly follow behind you.

once you reached the boy, you quickly threw your fist up and aimed directly for robby's nose, but kreese grabbed your balled fist and rested it to your side, "hold on there." kreese warned.

"mr. keene is our guest." the older man spoke.

hawk looked at robby confused and disgusted, but tory only sent a proud nod. you looked between the two and he sent one back.

"are you fucking kidding me?" you asked the girl next to you and giving her a soft shove, but your eyes showed anger. she only shrugged in return before you turned away from her.

you angrily followed kreese into his office, hawk following behind.

"he's not one of us." you seethed to the older man.

kreese remained calm, unfazed by your attitude, "with the all valley back on, we need as much strength as we can get."

"we don't need him." you fired back.

hawk only looked between you two, confused on if he should speak up. he knew what you were like when you were mad, and he didn't want to be on the other side of your anger.

"he put miguel in the hospital. that makes him my enemy." you told the man, before storming out of his office.

kreese let out a sigh of defeat, before turning to hawk. "calm her down, will you? we don't need her upset." he spoke calmly.

hawk nodded and bowed towards the man before leaving the office and retreating after you.

hawk eventually found you in the bathroom and walked in almost timidly.

"this is the girls' bathroom." you told the boy, giving him a pointed look.

the red haired boy shrugged in return, "i don't care. i just wanted to check up on you." he spoke softly, making you smile.

when hawk reached you, he pulled you in for a hug, softly playing with your hair.

you two stayed like that for a couple of minutes before you spoke up, "i love you, eli. thanks for checking up on me."

hawk sighed in content, his heart beating faster at those words.

no matter how many times you tell him you love him, it always has the same effect on him as the first time you said it.

you were at his house and demetri had just left, but you agreed to stay the night. you remember him being so shy about everything, even though you two were already dating.

you liked eli the moment you had met him. his soft blue eyes and his old sweaters. you loved everything about him and it was so painfully obvious.

you had been dating for around six months when you felt the need to say it.

you were cuddled up in his bed, his arm hanging loosely around your waist. you were watching harry potter, but you couldn't stay focused. you needed him to know you loved him.

out of impulse, you quickly paused the movie and turned to eli, who looked at you confused.

you looked at him for a moment, your eyes lingering over every feature on his face. the boy next to you grew insecure, reaching his hand up to cover his lip.