king cobra

"man, it was so sick! tory and y/n were just kickin' ass! i took care of chris. oh! and hawk got that beta demetri in an arm bar like chris jericho and just snapped!" mitch ranted to some boy in the cobra kai dojo.

you and hawk both let out small grimaces at the sound of mitch mimicking the noise demetri's arm made when hawk snapped it in half.

"cold blooded! no mercy!" mitch and big red praised.

"you know, i didn't think you were actually gonna do it." tory spoke, walking towards you and hawk.

hawk deflected his eyes, eli coming back for a quick second. hawk didn't like all the praise he was getting for breaking his best friend's arm, but he would never show that.

"well, they got what they deserved for what they did to miguel." you spoke up before hawk could. you didn't actually agree with what you were saying, you just didn't want anyone to see hawk as "weak". even if it meant you had to look like the monster.

hawk sent you a grateful look, thankful that you could read him so well. if it weren't for you, he definitely would have said he didn't want to do it.

tory looked down, guiltily, at the mention of miguel. you squinted your eyes at the girl, studying her.

"you still haven't seen him, have you?" you asked your friend. the girl looked everywhere but your eyes.

"i don't want to talk about it." she told you before walking away, making you sigh.

the dojo's bell made a ding, signaling someone had entered the dojo. you stared straight ahead and made eye contact with kyler, brucks, a girl, and a few other boys.

you quickly turned to look at hawk, who looked nervous. the boy's eyes immediately flooded with fear and panic. along with his breathing getting heavier.

you stood in front of the boy, grabbing his jaw to look down at you.

"hey, don't let them intimidate you. we run this dojo, remember? they're stepping onto our ground, okay?" you reminded the boy, trying to calm him down. you pulled him down for a quick kiss to calm his nerves. "you're stronger than they are." you told hawk.

"welcome our new students." kreese said out loud, making hawk get nervous once again.

mitch walked up to kyler and brucks, studying the boys. "i'm gonna call you guys chodenose and taintbreath." mitch teased.

kyler unfolded his arms, walking up to mitch, intimidatingly. "what the hell did you just say?"

"nothing! it's just a thing we do here sometimes." mitch tried to explain, while backing into you on accident. you rolled your eyes at his scared state and pushed him back closer to kyler.

kyler quickly got closer to the boy, making mitch flinch and cower away.

hawk left you to go talk to kreese. you weren't sure what they were saying, but judging by the look on hawk's face, hawk wasn't pleased with whatever his sensei said.

kreese gathered everyone around and told you all to prepare for combat.

————————

you were standing next to hawk, talking, when kyler and brucks came up to you both.

"woah! holy shit!" kyler exclaimed, getting closer to hawk. "you remember? it's the kid with the lip. yo, i thought he moved!" kyler told brucks, making the bigger boy look at hawk in astonishment.

"oh, shit! you're right! the hair kinda distracts you from it, though." brucks laughed along with kyler before they both walked away.

you turned to hawk, clearly upset. you looked up at the boy with soft eyes. you were going to speak up, but he only shook his head and walked away, making you sigh.