Chapter 8

Eren was doing his weekday routine of going to the Ackermans' cafe and getting his ride to school.

Today that was a little different though. Armin spent the night at Erwin's so he will be getting a ride from him.

Eren arrived at the cafe and did his usual ordering from Ms. Ackerman.

"My usual Ms. Ackerman and also my mother says 'thank you for the cakes,' " said Eren

Ms. Ackerman smiled and said "Glad you and your family love them, " getting Eren's order

"Levi should be down in a minute, Mikasa isn't here she spent the night at her friend Annie's," said Ms. Ackerman while handing Eren his order

"Thank you, Ms. Ackerman have I ever told you how pretty you are?" said Eren

Mrs. Ackerman chuckled and said "You say that every day dear, "

"Well it's true, " said Eren as he kissed Ms. Ackerman on the cheek "I'll go see where Levi is, "

"Go right ahead, " said Ms. Ackerman

Eren felt like Ms. Ackerman was his second mother and he loved her very deeply like if she was his mother. Eren was glad to have her as part of his life as well as Levi and Mikasa.

Eren got to Levi's room and knocked.

"Who is it?" said Levi's voice

"It's me Eren, "

"Come in, " said Levi

Eren got in only to see Levi sitting on the bed, he was ready for school but he didn't seem to want to get up.

"What are you doing?" ask Eren

"Feeling like shit, " said Levi

"How so?" asked Eren

"Just feeling like that, " said Levi laying down on his bed

"Come, Levi, " said Eren while placing his tea and fruit cake on Levi's computer table.

Eren went in front of the bed where Levi was and sat down next to him.

"Come on Levi we have to go, "

"Ugh fine, " said Levi after a few seconds of silence "But at least let me lay down for a bit, "

Eren sighed but let him. He just sat on the bed next to Levi

"You can lay down if you want, " said Levi

Eren thought about it for a second but then said "Sure, "

Eren tried laying down but soon noticed that he couldn't just lay down next to Levi without having contact with him. Seeing no other choice he lay his head on Levi's shoulder and one arm around Levi's waist.

Eren felt embarrassed by their position but soon got over just thinking that they were just friends and also because Levi didn't seem to mind.

Levi surprised Eren by putting an arm around his waist and putting his head on top of Eren's.

Eren kept wondering what they were doing but in the end, he saw no point. They were just friends.

They stayed in that position for what felt like hours, maybe even months but it was just 5 minutes.

They finally got out of their embrace and got up Levi went to get his school stuff while Eren drank his tea and decided to save his fruit cake for lunch.

After a while, they got to Levi's car and started their journey to school.

On the way, they started talking about Eren's English test today.

"You better make at least a C or you borrowed my fucking notes for nothing and I wasted my breath teaching you for nothing, " said Levi

"I will try my best Levi, " said Eren with a small smile

"Don't try, do it or I will beat your ass, "

Eren just swallowed knowing that Levi wasn't joking, not that he would ever.

"Ok ok, I will, " said Eren and quickly trying to change the conversation said "So I think you know Erwin and Armin spent the night together, "

Levi didn't question Eren's sudden change of conversation because he replied with "Yeah he told last night while we were texting, "

"Well, I was thinking that since they spent the night together they might not be virgins anymore, "

Levi gave him a quick look and said "I didn't know this side of you brat, "

Eren chuckled and said "We still have a lot to learn about each other, " with a bit of a serious tone

"Anyways, what do you think?" asked Eren

"I am not sure, knowing Erwin, he might take it slow but then again who knows, " said Levi

"Well, me knowing Armin, he might chicken out on it but like you said who knows, " said Eren

Levi chuckled and said "That's true,"

Eren then thought of something

"What about Mikasa and Annie?" asked Eren

Levi seemed to flinch at the question but said "Beats me, knowing my sister, she might not be ready but in the end, she is my sister so she is unpredictable, "

Eren chuckled and said "You both are unpredictable, "

Levi rolled his eyes and said "No, life is unpredictable, "

[Fake Lovers, Kinda]

After they arrived at school Levi kept pestering Eren about his English test. Eren didn't ignore him because he valued his life but he was saved by his friends, Mikasa and Armin. Eren said bye to Levi but as usual, got no reply back

They all headed to class but on the way, Eren noticed that he was getting more glanced than usual. In the past weeks, he had noticed he has been getting daily glances and he thought it was nothing but today that was different. Today he got maybe ten times the about of looks than he had gotten the past weeks. They were various look like smirking, weirded out, or even disgust but that one wasn't too common.

Eren also noticed in the past weeks that his friends also gave him looks but they didn't last long and they would always look away or just say that it was nothing. Even ignored the subject but today it seemed to very overwhelming with everyone staring at him.

Even pushed the issue away for now because he had a bigger concern right now.

Not failing his English test because Levi will shorten Eren's life by many years.