.- 0.2

The sound of your whistles echo through the school halls, as you casually rest your arms behind your head; seeming to not have a care in the world. Ahead of you, Kaede and Shuichi seem to being eyeing a gate, making you want to join and check it out along side them. A smile creeps onto your lips as you see how friendly the two have gotten, how nice, you think. Not long after, they start to walk inside the gate.

"Oh! Is this the entrance hall!?" You hear Kaede yell in excitement, "Right, Shuichi!? This must be the entrance hall, don't you think?" Jeez, why is she yelling so loudly if she's just talking to Shuichi? I can hear her all the way from here! I mentally scoff, the smile playing on my lips not faltering.

Shuichi's lips start to move as if forming a reply from afar, but his words go unheard by your distant ears due to your distance. They both seem to start conversing again, but at a room volume compared to before.

Almost immediately, a boy in a mask approaches the two and waves his hand around as he converses. Don't leave me out of the fun! You mentally beg, a pout forming on your lips as you pick up the pace.

"Kehe... Kehehehe..." You hear the person in the mask laugh, as he puts his arms out and closes his eyes, looking to the sky.? "People are wonderful..." Your face scrunches up to one of judgement and distaste. What the hell? You think.

"What's up?" You speak up, finally getting to where they've been talking. "Oh, and hey mask guy. The name's Y/n L/n, the Ultimate Archer, what'd I miss?"

"Oh hey, Y/n! We just found these doors...!" She pauses and turns to face the person in a mask as her face turns into one of confusion, "Anyway, we can go outside if we just go through them, right?"

"You should find the answers to such questions on your own... The moment your hopes are shattered... That, too... May be beautiful..."

"What a creep..." You mutter to yourself, backing up a bit toward Shuichi as you do so. Kaede and the masked person don't hear you, but Shuichi does, and he spares you a glance that says 'Yeah, agreed.'

Kaede walks over to the double doors, you and Shuichi following her close behind like a pet to their owner. "Th-Then... Let's go." Kaede stutters out, nervously staring at the gate ahead of her.

"O-Okay..."

"Sure."

You notice Kaede adverting her gaze to the ground, seemingly doubting herself. Out of instinct, your hand reaches up to grasp her shoulder in a comforting way. "Don't worry, Kaede. What's the worst that can happen? It can't be too bad."

"Ah, geez! Yeah, you're right Y/n! This isn't like me," She continues, turning her head to face you with a smile, "Just because I'm scared doesn't mean I'm gonna run away! I gotta move forward!"

"K-Kaede!"

"Don't worry about it! Let's go guys!" She exclaims, smiling over to Shuichi and you.

She pushed open the door with a new set of determination.

Upon opening the doors, we were immediately greeted by...

Blue skies.

Bright sunlight.

Gentle wind.

And—

"A-A cage...? A wall?" Kaede sputters out while the three of you stare up in awe. Both words were accurate, what stood before us was both a cage and a wall. Either way, the enormous wall struck a terrifying chord. The mere sight of its imposing presence was enough to send waves of panic through you. No matter where we look— ahead, behind, above, or all around, the cage surrounds the entire school.