Foot of the Castle

Jason sat down for a minute contemplating all the events that had recently transpired. In his heart he knew that had the Lycan lord not been so hostile or set on the creation of the antichrist, perhaps things would have went very differently. After all Jason knew in his heart there was truth to his words and they were no mere rambling of a best but the words of a fallen brother. After his rest he even felt a pity for the Lycan lord. But there was no more time to waste, the prophecy was drawing closer and closer so he made haste. Heading east towards the castle he was told about. As he began to run he felt a new energy surge through him. He ran through the blackened dead forest day and into the next nights Over the rolling hills until eventually he could see a massive castle of black stone and cathedral windows, constructed on the side of a dagger shaped mountain. 

This had to be it

This had to be it. As he approached he could see that there was no light inside and sky above the castle was filled with dark ominous clouds. Bats flew from tree to tree along the trail. As walked he was suddenly lept upon by some kind of creature it went to bite his neck but he threw it off and turned to see it was neither a man nor a giant bat but something in between. It lunged at him, he threw his last knife hitting the creature, but it had no affect. He then drew up his massive hammer and swung it hitting the creature against a tree so hard he heard its bones crack and it fell limp. As he walked up to it to examine it, it jumped at him once more seemingly unharmed. Jason then picked up the mighty hammer and with his new found strength struck the hand against a tree and broke the hammer head off leaving only a sharp wooden point on the end. The creature lunged at him once more but this time he impaled it with his wooden staff. This time it fell dead for good. Realizing the threat he was now up against he took a moment to break his staff into 3 peace's of equal length about the size of a short sword and sharpened the ends of them. He then pressed on across the large stone bridge and into the castle.