Chapter 27

Ora purred deep in her throat, and it came out sounding more like a moan. Thorin's hands slipped from her waist and around her hips to clasp around her front and pull her firmly, yet softly, into him. Then, slowly, he removed one hand and used it to reach up and sweep any stray hairs away from her neck, lettings his rough fingers brush against the skin.

Ora closed her eyes and moaned softly again when she felt Thorin remove the last strand of hair before kissing her lightly on the soft skin of the junction between her shoulder and neck. Just one or two chaste kisses at first, and then the third one lingered, and on the fourth he opened his mouth just a little, letting his tongue taste the delicate skin as Ora finally melted into him, using his solid chest and strong arms for support as her own legs wouldn't hold her.

She mewed again when Thorin left a wet, lingering kiss on her skin. The bristles of his beard tickling her neck and causing Ora to grasp his hand tightly to unravel some of her pleasure. Thorin's free hand trailed to her chest, lightly grazing over her left breast to rest teasingly gently on her right.

"Thorin..." Ora purred, removing herself from her kings grip just enough to turn around in his hold, wrap her arms around his neck and press her lips to his in a passionate kiss. Thorin's hands grabbed at the fabric on her waist, while hers clung at the hem of his tunic and tangled in his hair.

Gently, Thorin began to push her backwards, and Ora was too intoxicated in the moment to really clock onto what was happening until she toppled backwards onto one of the loungers with a muffled squeak. Luckily, Thorin wasn't too far behind, and within a matter of seconds he was hovering over her, resting on a forearm either side of her head and his legs straddling one of hers, his right leg in-between hers.

Not that she cared, and it didn't take her long to indulge in her king once again. Her hands trailing up his chest this time while his tangled and pulled lightly on her hair, using this advantage to manoeuvre her head how he wanted it as his mouth worked over hers, his tongue wrapping around hers.

How this had happened, Ora couldn't really be sure. She knew she should be worrying about her best friend right now, but at the same time, the news that there was hope had sent her emotions sky rocketing into clouds of joy. And this was her little way of celebrating.

Suddenly, Thorin shifted, only two inches to the left to get himself more comfortable but the move drew her attention to something hard digging into her thigh and without her permission her heart began to race faster than a hare with a Warg on its tail.

Thorin broke away almost immediately, leaving a trail of kisses as his lips made their way towards Ora's ear, where he whispered, "I would apologise..." He began in an almost lazy voice, "But I can feel your heart..." He trailed off, and just as he did so he gently pressed his arousal into Ora's thigh.

Her heart began to beat so fast it nearly hurt.

Thorin chuckled into her ear and finished, "Racing."

Ora gulped, eyes wide and staring up at the ceiling. All sorts of wild thoughts were galloping their way through her head and she'd never experienced anything like it. And she loved it.

But there was a thought that unsettled her; odds were, Thorin was far more experienced with this sort of thing than she was. Of course, she'd had a suitor in the past – nearly fifty years ago now – but that didn't really go anywhere, just a few chaste kisses on cheeks out of politeness but nothing in comparison to her feelings and emotions towards Thorin. But she was sure he'd probably had even lovers in his past. He had been a young, exiled Prince, moving from village to village looking for work and housing. He hadn't had the family like she'd had.

"Thorin..." She began slowly, and apparently Thorin seemed to sense the question that was coming for he sat up, and turned towards Ora with one arm draped over the back of the lounger.