Chapter 33

If Thorin didn't have Ora push up against the wall so hard she defiantly would have collapsed onto the floor. Her legs had forgotten how to function.

Thorin pulled Ora's bottom lip between his teeth for a few seconds, drawing back about half an inch and staring at her through hooded eyelids. Her heart rate accelerated to heights she wouldn't have thought possible and her fingers clawed into his hard shoulders to hold herself.

This is how I'm going to die, she thought, death by the King's seduction.

He let Ora's lip go with a faint pop, before resting his face in the crook of her neck and groaning so deeply she shuddered against him. In response, Thorin ground his groin into her.

"Tomorrow," He suddenly began softly, moving from her neck to look at her and almost sounding a little breathless, "You will be by my side. All day. In front of our Kingdom with no exceptions."

Those crystal coloured eyes were burning like forges right into Ora, making her all hot in more ways than one. It was a little cheeky, actually, asking her that when she was in such a state. If he'd asked in at any other moment, and not when she was pinned under him like a beetle on a board, she definitely would have thought about it. But, right now, not much was being processed other than the determination to get his lips back on her. And Thorin knew this full well.

"Talk about picking your moments." Ora muttered softly, trying to angle her head to capture Thorin's lips and avoid his question, but he moved his head back and out of her reach. "Yes, fine, now please."

That's all Thorin needed to hear before crashing his lips against Ora's so hard their teeth clashed and her head hit the wall. It would have hurt, but she wasn't paying attention. All she could feel was Thorin's hands on her, grabbing at her legs, her skirts, and pulling at her hair. Every so often Ora would hear him groan in his throat, and push his groin into her slightly. She wanted to tell him to do it more, but she knew she couldn't, so she just enjoyed what was happening.

.

The only thing about giving your word to the King is that usually you have to keep it. Something Ora was certainly finding out the hard way as she paced up and down outside Thorin's quarters early the following morning.

The day of the festival, and the day she was going to be paraded like some sort of... Royal in front of the entire Kingdom. But, funnily enough, the only thing that worried her was seeing her parent's reaction. Her Pa was going to kill her. And maybe Thorin, too.

Oh, Mahal, maybe she should have told her family, maybe she should have-

Ora's thought fell flat when the doors to Thorin's chambers opened and out sauntered her King, with Balin close in tow.

She very nearly fell over.

Or drooled, either one would have suited her reaction to the sight of her King clad in attire so rich it probably could buy the Mountain three times over, and the crown upon his head could probably feed everyone within it. Nevertheless, the impracticality and ridiculous expenses weren't on her mind, and in fact the only thing that was, was, well...

"Wow," She grinned like a goofy idiot as Thorin turned towards her, practically glowing gold in his armour and heavy furs. He looked like her King, and Mahal, how she wanted to worship him like one.

He raised his brow at her, peering down his nose in his usual manner and Ora, just like that, got hot all over. His beard was neatly trimmed, his hair was glossy and flowing like a raven waterfall and his stance was so powerful that if she wasn't turned on she would have been intimidated.