Chapter 5

Ora stood practically shaking in her boots as she stared up at her king, her eyes wide and mouth slightly open.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded, his voice like a growl, and even though his tone was low every Dwarf in the yard could hear him. Ora instantly averted her gaze.

For a long moment she just stood there, opening and closing her mouth like a fish out of water.

Suddenly, Fraugh began to pull herself up from the ground, "She-she just came at m-me, my Lord." The Dwarrowdam staggered to her feet and hobbled over to stand before king Thorin, "You should have seen the look in her eyes, I thought she was going to kill me..."

Thorin watched Fraugh with his intense blue eyes, and Ora stayed silent, quietly nursing her swollen fist.

"Is this true?" Thorin turned his attention to Ora, his voice still a snarl.

Ora suddenly puffed out her chest and cleared her throat, her eyes glassy. "She spoke ill of my brother, your majesty."

Thorin's gaze flickered to where Giora stood by her side, his brow suddenly furrowed. He opened his mouth to what Ora was sure would detail her punishment when Dwalin suddenly appeared at Thorin's shoulder. He whispered something to the King, whose attention was back on Fraugh. When Dwalin moved away again, his attention was on Ora.

"You." Thorin said to Ora, his voice so brash she almost flinched, "Dwalin will accompany you to the healing chambers. And you," His gaze dropped to land on Fraugh who was still staring at him, "You come with me."

If Ora thought the way he spoke to her had be harsh, it was nothing in comparison to how he spoke to Fraugh. She obviously noticed it to for her face drained of all colour.

"M-my Lord," She began, but King Thorin ignored her and turned away. She hesitated, but had no other choice but to follow.

Dwalin stepped up to Ora as she stood there utterly dumbfounded.

"Are you alright, lass?" He asked, just as Ora's parents came hurrying over.

"Ora!" Her mother gasped, coming up to grasp her daughter by the shoulders, "What in the name of Mahal has gotten into you?"

Ora ignored all the questions that suddenly flooded towards her, she just stood there, completely lost until she was led away by her Giora, Pul and Dwalin. Her mother lingered behind with Marg, Uli and Ava to find out exactly what had happened.

.

.

.

By the time Ora got to bed that night, she was completely and utterly trained. Never had she felt so weak and exhausted and subsequently she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

She was awoken late the following morning to the smell of bacon, eggs and sausages filling her nose and making her mouth water. Her stomach rumbled hungrily and slowly she blinked her eyes open.

"You missed the celebrations." Giora said softly, in his hands he a plate piled high with breakfast delights.

"Oh." Was all Ora could manage as she slowly pushed herself up from the depths of her bed. She hadn't actually received a single injury from Fraugh, other than a swollen fist and knee, but she still felt precious, like she was hung over, or made of glass.

Giora pushed the plate of food into Ora's eager grasp and she ate hungrily.

"I don't think that even touched the sides." Giora jested, eyes twinkling with amusement as Ora licked the plate clean.