Chapter 31

Ora was definitely, without a doubt far from relaxed as she lay in Thorin's arms. In comparison the thirty seconds ago when she was close to being lulled to sleep, but now her eyes were wide and her body was stiff.

Thorin suddenly let out a loud snore that caused Ora to jump a little from being so on edge, and her head snapped upwards to find that her King had drifted back to sleep.

"Thorin!" Ora hissed, poking his belly hard, "Wake up if you want to come fish- woah!"

Thorin had decided to roll over, and subsequently taken Ora with him, dragging her into a rather awkward position sprawled horizontally across him. Her feet and most of her legs on one side, and her torso on the other, her head buried face first into the blankets. "Thorin!" She huffed, struggling to untangle herself from her uncomfortable mess. She wriggled over him, finally setting herself free and pulling herself away from her King to perch on her knees.

Sometime during her struggle, Thorin had woken up again, and he was now watching her with amusement as she glared down at him, arms folded tightly across her chest.

"Good morning to you too." He greeted her, looking far too pleased with himself as he watched her flushed face and unruly hair, more tussled than usual.

Ora just huffed again, and practically fell off the bed backwards in her anger and rush to escape. "Get up," She snapped, more embarrassed than genuinely mad, "You have ten minutes."

Once free from Thorin private quarters, she was actually a little relieved to find that Fili and Kili were waiting outside for her, deep in their own conversation until she shut the door behind her. Fili turned to greet her first, but stopped short and smirked when he noticed Ora's frazzled appearance.

"Don't start." She bit back, quickly running her fingers through her hair in an attempt to tame the mass. "It's not what you think."

"I didn't say anything." Fili replied, holding up his hands in defence and still looking amused as Kili stifled a snort. Ora practically growled.

"Where's Uncle?" Kili asked after a few moments.

"Still in there," Ora jerked her head backwards, "I had to wake him up."

Both Fili and Kili's brows rose, "Really?" They asked in unison, then Fili continued, "This is late, for him anyway, to sleep in."

Ora squinted at him, "Are you kidding me? The sun is barely coming up. This isn't sleeping 'in'."

"It is for him," Kili replied, grinning brightly and looking far more awake than Ora even felt. "When we were younger, Fili and I used to think Uncle was the undead because he never slept. Or at least he never seemed to."

Ora continued to squint at him, "Well, no wonder he used to be so grumpy."

Fili winked boldly, "And probably why he's not so much anymore."

Ora glared at him, but not seriously, "I don't understand why you keep talking to me like that?"

Fili's smirk didn't subside, however, but he changed the subject nevertheless, "Where exactly are we going fishing?" It was then that Ora noticed him hoist a large, grey rucksack higher over his back, all sorts of equipment protruding from the top, Kili was donning one similar except in a navy blue. Fili seemed to suddenly notice Ora's attire too, or rather the lack of it. She wore an old coat that was several sizes too big for her, a tunic that was far too large and tucked into a pair of battered trousers. She also donned a woolly knitted jumper that was patched awkwardly in places with mismatch fabric and a pair of worn boots that had certainly seen better days.