9: A favor

You waited a minute after you heard the door close to open an eye to make sure he wasn't there. Rising to your feet you massaged your temple frustrated on what to do now.

"Dammit Kenma."

You went to the bathroom splashing some water on your face before leaning on the sink staring at yourself in front of the mirror.

It had been some time before you acted so freely around someone. Some time since you didn't think out every thing you did before doing it. Something about him, just something, made you wanna put down those walls you've taken to so long to build up. His carefree aura made him seem like he didn't have anything to struggle with. He was just living his life to the fullest. A successful high school graduate who was making more money within 3 hours that people with bachelor degrees would take weeks to make. A guy who had a limited amount of friends, but he was close with those he had. Someone who could flirt with you freely because he wasn't locked down to anyone. He lived by his own rules. You envied him so much.

*DING*

You pulled your phone out your pocket to see that you'd been added to an instagram groupchat. Looking closer you recognized these people, a bunch of kids from your graduating class, including Kenma.

"Oh my gosh! Look how successful everyone is!"
"I'm so jealous of you R/n, you've already settled down and started a family!"
"Whoa we have two celebrities among us!"
"Wow Kenma and Y/n, spill your secrets."
"I heard they were on some stream thingy earlier today, could they be a thing?"
"R/n! Stop being so nosey, that's their private life.
"Not so private if it was in front of 300k people."

The chat soon strayed from the topic oof you and Kenma, from the looks of it, they were planning a high school reunion.

Rolling your eyes you put the group chat on mute before stripping and stepping in the shower.

You sighed as the water rolled down your skin and you began to wash up.

———

Putting on some pjs you tossed your phone on your bed before strolling over to the couch and flopping down on it clicking on your personal TV. Again, your phone started blowing up.

Groaning, you stood up picking up your phone to see some girl from your class started individually messaging you.

"Hey Y/n! Great to see you've been doing well for yourself, we're hosting a high school reunion if you didn't see the group chat already. However, I have a huge request from you. I think Kenma may have blocked everyone in the chat since everyone's saying that they can't view his profile. But my husband is a HUGE fan of his streams and I saw you two streamed together earlier. Is there any way you could make sure Kenma came to the reunion? I'd owe you BIG TIME. xoxo, love - R/n."

You felt your head start to hurt reading the long ass paragraph she sent. Typing out a quick response you hit send before tossing your phone back on your bead and flopping on your couch to continue watch Sk8 the Infinity.

"Sure."

Now all that was left, was to figure out how to actually convince him to come.