28: Promise Ring

You sat on the edge of your bed, listening to Hana tell you everything you said last night, and what she heard from standing outside the door when you and Kenma were in there alone.

"Deadass?"
"Deadass hun you are a fucking simppppppp. 'I wanna marry Kenma.' babe you are IN LOVEEEEE. You should've seen your eyes when you talked about him."
"Are you sure he said that? You probably heard wrong."

Hana rolled her eyes and let out a shriek when the lady doing her toes accidentally brushed her foot, sending her into a fit of giggles.

"Yea- I'm sure- anyways BYE, I'M COMING OVER TONIGHT SO GET MY FOOD READY TY BYE LOVE."

She hung up the phone, leaving you to process what just happened.

"His..wife." you murmured, staring at the phone in disbelief.

"what? you don't wanna be my wife?"

You turned around to see Kenma leaning against the headboard rubbing his eyes and yawning.

You shook your head and leaned back, letting your head falling onto his lap.

"If I do, you're not getting any biological kids."
"When."
"Eh?"
"When you do. When you become my wife. Not if." he squished your cheeks together causing you to make a funny looking face, which he laughing softly at while your hands wrapping around his, trying to gently pry them off your face.

You laid there gazing up at him taking in the view. He was so fucking perfect.

"Y/n. I have something for you."

——
warning: fluff

You held his hand as he lead you into the house, a sense of peace washing over you as you stepped into his room. It was almost night, the yellow-ish orange from the sun coating his room in a warmth you couldn't quite explain.

"sit." he murmured, gently pushing you in the direction of his bed.

Complying you sat, watching him disappear into his closet and coming back out with a bag. When he came over you attempted to peek in the bag, but he flicked your forehead, causing you to let out a short yelp.

"Mean."
"Just for you. Close your eyes."

You did, and you felt him take your hands in his and slide something onto your ring finger. When you looked it was this simple ring with little crescent moons on either side of the crystal. You observed it in awe as he scanned your face looking for some sort of reaction.

(apologies my fashion sense is ight but literally every ring I looked at was hideous

(apologies my fashion sense is ight but literally every ring I looked at was hideous.)

"I love you." he murmured, catching your attention. He looked at you with something in his eyes. Want. Affection. Compassion. Love.

"I'm not just saying it because of the mood y/n. I really love you. I love everything about you. Your scars, your laugh, your smile...I love how you were so hostile towards me the first time I worked up the courage to talk to you. I love how even though you didn't have to, you baked me that first pie. Remember when I said the first time I noticed you? I wasn't lying. Hell I'd be lying if I didn't admit I had a thing for you in high-school. It's a dream come true you're here with me right now, and I get to hold you in my arms whenever I want. So. Can you accept this ring? As a promise ring. Y/n, I promise to you, that no matter what shit we end up going through, I'll marry you, and make you the happiest girl alive. I swear."

You stared at him, mouth slightly ajar at his confession.

"Uh, sorry. I don't really have the best taste in jewelry, and I'm not the best with words...and the girl working there was being a bitch so- Was that too much?"

You knocked the bag he was still holding out of his hand and swung your leg over him, so you were now straddling him and cupped his face in your hands. He looked up at you, a bit worried, a bit confused.

"god I love you so much." you murmured, your eyes flickering back and forth from his lips to his eyes and back, wondering if it would be ok to respond something like that, with this.

His hand reached up, going to the back of your head and pushing it down slightly, so your lips connected.

It was unreal.

Electrifying.

Lustful.

Loving.

It was filled with emotions you couldn't even begin to explain. You were just happy it was happening.

You paused in between kisses, murmuring out those words he loved to hear from your mouth.

"I love you Kenma."