Chapter 43 - The Storm

Third Person POV

The neighbourhood almost filed a complaint because of the noise GenZ 427 made when seeing each other again after 4 days. BOY STORY and Aira were barely through the door when DIAz started screaming with excitement.

"I felt like I haven't seen you in ages!" Aira screams while jumping onto the strongest, Yanna.

"It's been 4 days." Yanna tells her, laughing at her excitement.

"It's still exciting!" Gyuri backs her up, clapping her hands.

"How was your visit to your relatives?" Xinlong asks Xinya as the group splits off into their own conversations.

"It was good. We didn't get a chance to see some of them last time so I'm glad we were able to now." Xinya replies, feeling a bit awkward knowing that this is around the time Xinlong will confess to her best friend, "Umm... So when are you going to... Confess to Jianne?"

Xinlong was taken by surprise as he completely forgot that his original plan was for Jianne. He was so caught up with planning things out for Xinya that he didn't plan on what he was going to use as an alibi.

"I was thinking maybe today because the trip is almost over and she needs some time to think." Xinlong lied, the lie being the only thing he could think of under pressure.

"Oh okay... Well just tell me when you plan to and I'll bring her to that place." Xinya tells him before walking away, trying to look like it didn't bother her but in reality, it bothered her a bit too much.

"If Xinlong likes Jianne, that's fine. Don't butt in because it'll just ruin the friendship you have at the moment." Xinya thinks to herself as an attempt to convince herself that Xinlong is just a friend.

But it couldn't get off her mind that the person she started to properly like, not as a celebrity but as a person, began to like her best friend. She cares so much about the people around her that she was willing to sacrifice her feelings for them. Little did she know that those she cares about care about her just as much as she does.

"Jianne, what do I do?!" Xinlong panicked, going to Jianne for help.

"What do you want me to do?" She answers, not knowing why the boy was so distraught.

"I forgot that Xinya thinks this is for you and is saying to bring you to that place when I tell her to. What am I going to do?!" Xinlong explains to her in a bit more detail but still freaking out.

"Relax, bro! It's not the end of the world that Xinya will bring me there because that's technically me bringing her there." Jianne tries to elaborate the new plan but because of Xinlongs panicked state, the words didn't get through to him.

"Huh?" Was all he could say in response to that, making Jianne face palm.

"Just do what you were supposed to do, I'll take care of Xinya." She tells him, "Oh and the ukulele is in Xinyas room behind my bag. I'll give it to you when we leave." Instead of responding, Xinlong nods his head to show his agreement before they part ways and not look suspicious.

Jianne was left alone in her own thoughts, still in a dilemma about what she should do in the sudden situation she put herself in. She wasn't sure which was the best choice and would cause less heartbreak and embarrassment but she was about to find out.

--------------------------------------------

"Guys! Where are you? We're gonna leave now!" Ari shouts up the stairs, not able to control her excitement.