Chapter 30 - Change of Plans

Third Person POV

"Is this it?"

The group of friends spent a lot of time together over the first 2 weeks of the holiday.

Xinya and Xinlong spent a lot of time together, more than usual. The others didn't really feel the need to know why they were suddenly so close because they think their constant random compliments about the 2 was the cause of it.

They didn't know that Xinya was helping the boy to find a way to confess to Jianne, her best friend. She wanted to hide her feelings and she thought this would be a good opportunity to do so.

But spending a lot of time with the boy made her realise that it didn't really help with the situation as she started to like Xinlong even more.

She wanted to back out but it's too late for that because the plans for Xinlongs confession is almost finished. They just need to find the right place and time.

"This is it! One of our favourite places here in China! I'm sure Jianne would love it." Xinya tells Xinlong, walking further into the park.

It was a small park with a swing set and a play area with benches around it. The place didn't seem much but the girls had a lot of memories there.

"I like this place." Xinlong states as he follows Xinya into the park.

"I really like it when there's snow. It makes the place more... Magical!" Xinya says, looking around the place while sitting on a swing.

"Is that why you like Winter a lot?" Xinlong asks, taking a seat on the swing beside her.

"One of the reasons. The snow, in general, makes everything prettier." Xinya explains, "And the feeling of warmth while running around even though your hands and feet are freezing somehow makes me calmer."

Xinlong glanced over at the girl, who was too into her memories to notice. As Xinya tilts her head up to the sky, the sun hitting her face, while lightly swinging herself back and forth, Xinlong was able to see Xinya in a different light, everything in slow motion.

The smile on her face made her even more beautiful, making Xinlongs heart beat rapidly. All thoughts of Jianne left his mind and all he could think about is the girl beside him, the one who has been with him.

He began to remember the times they spent together ever since they met. Most of his favourite memories were with her. The times he laughed the most was because of Xinyas weird sense of humour. The times he smiled the widest was because of Xinyas laugh. The times his heart beats the fastest wasn't because of Jianne, but because Xinya was there for him.

"Xinlong, are you okay?" Xinya asked, waving a hand in front of his face.

The boy got snapped out of his thoughts as he focused on Xinya, who was looking at him worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm okay." Xinlong tells her, smiling to reassure her.

"The others are calling us now so I think we should meet back up with them." Xinya says, standing up from the swing.

Xinlong follows her out, walking over to the place they had agreed to meet at. He still had those thoughts in his head, wondering what to do.