Chapter 36 - Back Home

Jianne POV

"OH MY GULAY! REALLY?"

Our holiday sadly came to an end and we said our goodbyes. Aira was, once again, begging for us to stay longer or at least take her with us but was dragged away by Hanyu and Mingrui at the airport.

We spent the rest of the summer holiday trying to not be sad at the fact that school it almost here so the boys and Aira tried to call us often. I honestly had nothing to do over the holidays besides binge watching kpop groups and kdramas so I'm glad there was a change this year.

But even if you had the best time of your life, school always has to come around and ruin it for you, just like what it did to us. It wasn't all that bad, though, because the start of the year usually isn't that hard. Well, that's what I thought.

"Yep. A knowledge test tomorrow on who knows what." Xinya tells her as they walk toward the cafeteria for lunch.

"Why does this happen right when I didn't study during the holidays?" I complain, remembering abandoning my usual boring plan for the summer to go to China.

Xinya just shrugs once we reach our table and sit down opposite each other. The other girls weren't on our lunch that today so it's just the two of us.

"So, you know about..." Xinya started talking about trailed off when we realise that a few girls from our class had sat around our table.

"Can we help you?" I ask, wondering why they were all staring at us weirdly.

"We saw the video of you guys at the fanmeet over the holidays." Daine Said, looking at us and trying to speak with her eyes but ended up looking like she was constipated.

"Oh they posted it already." Xinya said casually, wanting to mess with them a bit.

"Are you really that close?" Jocelle questions us, "Did you really spead a whole day with them? Did you actually have a water fight with them?"

"Yeah, we had a sleepover too..." Xinya adds in, expecting the reaction they just had, choking on air with shock.

"Ano?! Sleepover?" The 5 girls at our table exclaimed after recovering from their choking fit.

I just smiled as Xinya continued teasing them, exaggerating some of our holiday with things that are bizarre but makes the audience believe her. Without Daine and Jocelle reminding us that we are friends with THE Boy Story, I would've thought we had known them our whole lives.

"Phew, that was hard to get out of." Xinya suddenly said, making me snap out of my thoughts and see the empty seats that were once occupied by excited fans of Boy Story.

"How did you get them to leave?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Let's just say that the boy's numbers may have been in my bag and that no one should take it from the front pocket on the bottom right corner." Xinya winks mischievously, making me laugh. We start to eat our food we brought as the girls distracted us at the start of lunch.

"Oh! Xinya!" I say, suddenly remembering what I had to say from yesterday, "Did Xinlong say anything else about their new song?"

"Nope, sadly." Ximya shakes her head, "I only know that they took part in the production of the song but it's taking longer than expected to get everything ready for release so it might be late."

"I wish they could let us hear it. We could... Give them feedback!" I say, recalling one of my previous excuses I told them but it immediately got turned down by the boys.

"It's no use. Even though we are actually close friends with the boys, we still need to wait for comebacks like before." Xinya says, giving up on trying to pry anything out of Xinlong.

"Do you think it will be released by the time we see them again?" I wonder.

"Hopefully, I want to have a live concert!" She joked.

"I'm sure someone will sing for you." I thought, remembering what Zeyu was planning for our next trip to China.

"Oh, right!" Xinya exclaimed as she remembers something, "I think the boys wanted to call sometime this week. We should arrange some day so we won't clash with their schedule."

I nodded in response, not being able to say anything else.

------------------------------------------------------

I flop down onto my bed once I got home, tired of the school day we've just had. Lisha was over in EJ's room so I was alone in the room.

Being the procrastinator I am, I decided it would be a good idea to go on my phone and leave my work until midnight.

I was just scrolling through Instagram until I came across BOY STORY's latest post. It was of Zeyu practicing the guitar, playing a tune I have nevee heard before.

The comments noticed that as well, suggesting that it might be a comeback spoiler. It didn't seem like the usual style they would do so I was looking forward to it. It sounded like a ballad love song, according to the comments.

That made me realise that it could be the song he planned to sing to Xinya on that day. I was having a bad day because of school already but now I felt even more depressed.

Just at that moment, I got a text message from Lia.

Lia 언니:
Jianne! How are you? It's been a while since we last talked

Jianne:
I'm good. How about you 언니? I saw your comeback and you all did amazing!

Lia 언니:
Aww thank you! I can't wait to see you and the girls cover it.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you something.

Jianne:
Ok, what is it?

Lia 언니:
Ari told me something that made me curious about you and Zeyu 😳

Jianne:
Oh... That...

Lia 언니:
Why? Is there something wrong?

Jianne:
Well, you see... I like Zeyu...

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/n: Hello again! I haven't updated in a YEAR! (yes, this joke is an oldie but a goodie) Sorry for not updating though, I've been busy/distracted/lazy for a while now until I've been motivated recently to update this book, my other current ones and to publish new books that were in my drafts for AGES!

5/2/21

Word count: 1062