Chapter 49 - Someone New

Third Person POV

"Hey, long time no see!"

"We literally saw each other yesterday, Yaowen."

"Wow, really? I didn't know that?"

The boys were waiting at the park they always went to, hanging out in a half-secluded area so no one can easily spot them. BOY STORY rose to fame over the 5 years so going out and about casually wasn't an option anymore.

They were glad to find more friends that shared the same experience though, the TNT ge's. The youngest, Yaowen, was an 05 liner while the oldest, Chengxin, was an 02 liner. The boys all became friends through meeting at music programs and interviews and naturally became close with each other as they were all around the same age.

TNT and BOY STORY meet up with each other quite often when they both don't have busy schedules. Today just happened to be that day where Aira also planned to meet with the girls.

After Yaowen helped Jianne with her things when accidently bumping into her, Shuyang was sent by his ge's to check in whether Yaowen has arrived. He saw the interaction and thought it was another fan of his but that was when he caught a glimpse of Jianne face and he immediately recognised her.

Shuyang scanned the rest of the park to try and find the other girls and Aira, knowing that she had to be there. He made eye contact with Aira, who was standing near the girls, for a split second before he got interrupted by Yaowen greeting him.

"Hey Shuyang!" He said, rasing his hand for a high five. Shuyang gave him a weak slap on his hand as he was still concentrated on why the girls were here, "Um, dude, is everything alright?"

Just then, Shuyang realised Aira was storming up to them, anger but worried at the same time but no one knew why. Yaowen awkwardly greeted her as her sudden appearance made him confused because he remembers asking BOY STORY if she was coming as well but getting a response of that she had to do something for school.

"Hi Yaowen ge!" Aira smiled at him before looking at Shuyang, "Mind if I borrow him for a second?"

"Not at all... I'm just gonna go to the boys now." Yaowen responds, backing away slowly.

"Just wait! Can you please not tell the boys that you saw me here? I have a surprise for them and they can't know about it yet." Aira asks, looking desperate in his eyes so he agrees and walks away from the loud pair in the middle of the park.

He kept on wondering why Shuyang looked so shocked when he walked up to him and why Aira looked so... Agressive. The girl he bumped into gave them a worried look when she saw Shuyang and Aira meet so he assumes that they know each other.

"If she's friends with Aira and doesn't look too shocked about seeing someone from BOY STORY... Does that mean they're friends?" He thought, not knowing why he was so invested in whatever happened then.

Yaowen made it to the hang out and greeted the others one by one, as if they haven't seen each other in ages but in reality it's been a day, maybe even less.

"Where's Shuyang? Didn't we send him to find you?" Mingrui remembers, trying to see the boy from where he was sitting but it was no use.

"Don't tell me we lost him again." Xinlong says, recalling the last time they sent Shuyang out to do something and never heard back from him until the end of the day.

"Zihao, I told you you should've went out instead." Hanyu put the blame on him.

"But you allowed it so it technically wasn't ALL my fault." Zihao tried to defend himself but it didn't really make a difference.

"Guys, it's fine. Shuyang just needed to... Do his business." Yaowen covered for him, remembering how Aira threatened- I mean asked him to.

"OOHHH! HIS BUSINESS!" Zeyu exclaimed loudly, "Haha! Why didn't you say that earlier?" Yaowen just shrugged in response before continuing what he needed to say.

"The other ge's are coming soon, they're just getting some snacks for us so they, and I mean Haoxiang ge, sent me to come here to not keep you waiting." He explained to them, taking a seat next to Zeyu.

The boys just continue to hang out and do the stuff they usually do until the rest of TNT arrive. Jiaqi, the leader, distributed the snacks and drinks among the 13 boys as they continue talking and catching up with each other. There were multiple conversation going on at once, each group talking about their own interests.

"Where did Aira say she was going to be today?" Yaowen asked as the topic of hanging out came up in the conversation.

"She said there was some school project she forgot to submit so she went to finish it." Zeyu responds, opening a snack to share with the others.

"Do her parents drop her off with you guys most of the time? Whenever we see you, she's always there." He asks, genuinely curious about it.

"Yeah, Mingrui and Aira were childhood friends and her parents were busy with work so she often gets babysitted by the staff with us." Xinlong responds, laughing at remembering their first meeting.

"You wanted to ask if she has any other friends, right?" Zeyu asked, knowing what the boy wanted to ask.

"I didn't want to sound rude but... Does she?"

"Of course she does but she prefers to hang out with us because we know her well. She doesn't like telling others that she's best friends with us because she's afraid they'll get mad at her for lying." Zeyu explained.

"So she hasn't told any of her friends about being friends with you?" Yaowen asked, shocked at how long Aira was able to keep this secret.

"She actually had this one group of friends that she told. Instead of it going the way she thought it would, they became closer to both her and us." Xinlong continued on.

"With you too? So do you guys meet up often?"

"Umm... Well, they don't live in China so we'd have to arrange a place to meet when they're free but because of the distance, we sadly lost contact. We still remember them and want to start talking again but we became so busy over the years that it's hard to find time." Xinlong said, becoming kind of sad when remembering the girls and how close they were before.

"Oh, sorry for asking. I didn't know-" Yaowen apologised after seeing how sad and uncomfortable Xinlong and Zeyu became when their old friends were brought up.

"No its okay! You don't have to be sorry, you were just asking." Xinlong told him, starting to laugh to try and ease the tension. He began to change the topic and Yaowen became more relaxed afterward.

Zeyu, however, talked less and was in deep thought. He often thought about how the girls were doing but hearing it out loud on how they grew apart hit him harder than he thought. He realised how he could've tried harder on his part to keep in contact, at least texting once a week to ask "how are you?" would be enough but he didn't try. If he had the chance, he'd go back in time to at least keep their friendship strong. If he could see her again, he'd want to make things right again.

"If only I could see her again..." He thought to himself.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/n: sorry for the really late updates, I'm really lazy sometimes (all the time) but I finally remembered about this and updated! Hope you enjoy!

23/5/21

Word count: 1305